Login

hard-hearted friend...

Link0104

16 year(s) ago

so, our church recently gave us the challenge of evangelizing a friend using three steps: pray for your friend, tell them the story of how u came to Christ, and invite them to church. i immediatley thought of someone who i was thinking about helping anyway, but i've talked with him about religion before and he says that he believes religion is just an opinion, plus he's had...i'll just say "not very smart people"...come up to him and say things like, "you need to become a Christian or you're going to burn in hell" so he's sort of hardened his heart against them...so, i was wondering if i should wait for an "opportune moment" when he sort of softens up, or if i should just approach him privately and talk to him. please help!:S

Wax-Simulcra

16 year(s) ago

Well, let me start by saying don't be pushy. IF you continually try to push Christianity on him, it will be a definite turn off. It would be like someone making you listen to a song until you liked it. Odds are, you wouldn't like it. Also, continue praying. God will help you through situations such as this one. Other than that, all I can say is just have faith. Things will work out.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)