Login

Has anyone read the book The Shack?

POC777

15 year(s) ago

There has been much hype about that book among Christian circles and criticism from those who have theological standards. I been reading reviews about the book for some time both fair and negative attacking Mr.Young. Personally, I believe the book teaches half-truths against the Bible. The Bible teaches us to be discerning Christians whether a book, teaching, article, verse or even a sermon. In this day and age, its very easy to be deceived that is, if we don't know our Bible. Jesus in Matthew 24:4 tells us "take heed that no man deceive you" In Acts 17:10-11 tells us, that Paul traveled with Silas by night to Berea. There he met some remarkable Jews in the area understood "the Scriptures" quite well. These Jews were so rooted in the Scriptures nobody could deceive them. The Scriptures during that time was the Old Testament(the first 39 books of the Bible). There was no Bible like we have today because no printing press was in existence. Each book of the Old Testament was hand written accurately either parchment or animal skins by a Rabbi(in Hebrew it means 'Teacher'). Rich people had the Scriptures(see Acts 8:26-32) In the synagogue, the Scriptures were read each Sabbath day and Jews and Gentiles will listen. Going back to the Bereans, these guys LISTENED very ATTENTIVELY and were very sharp "noble-minded" and knew the OT quite well. We could learn much from these Jews because as the Bible says they "searched the Scriptures daily". God wants us to like a Berean who knows the Bible quite well, not simple-minded that believes everything. But searches the Bible if what anybody writes that [i]looks[/i] Christian will discern and keep what is biblical and get rid of what is not biblical(1 Thessalonians 5:21-22) What are your thoughts about the Shack for those who have read it or not read it? Also, does the Shack come into harmony with the Bible?

javie

15 year(s) ago

I've heard its blasphemous, but no. I've never read it.

serfofChrist92

15 year(s) ago

I've never read it. Don't want to read it.

larry229

15 year(s) ago

I haven't read it but I thought it looked interesting.. I haven't read any reviews or anything though. Incidentally, I'm loving the OP :)

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)