Login

Headaches

Cowgurl4JC

13 year(s) ago

Okay so for the past few days, I've been having these headaches. They're on and off, but when they're on, they feel like freaking knives being stabbed behind my eyes, temples, wherever they decide to attack. Anything can pretty much set them off from noises, to sunlight, to even the heat and humidity we've got going. And I can't sequester myself in complete darkness cause I need to work and I happen to work/ride/play outside nearly 24/7. All this started after I fell off my horse while taking a jumping lesson last Wednesday. I'm thinking maybe I have several vertebrae out of whack cause my neck is still tight in several places, but I can't do much about that now cause I have no money to speak of. Besides taking painkillers, what would you guys recommend doing to relieve the headaches? Somehow I need to figure out a way to get them to go away cause they're interfering with my work and my riding.

keyseya

13 year(s) ago

I have the same thing going on at the moment. People keep complaining at me cracking my neck but it releaves the pain for a while (don't do it though, it's bad). I say if they're interfering that much with your work and riding then try and find the money to get it sorted, because you don't want to leave it for ages in case it gets worse. Also, because they don't just sound like 'normal' headaches. Is there someone who can give your shoulders/neck a rub/massage? I find that that sometimes helps with my headaches. I also find a heat pack works nicely, though that probably wouldn't help you cause it's summer for you. Another thing that helps me is peppermint and lavender oil. I have this wee roll on stick thing that contains those two oils and you apply a little bit to your temples, forehead and the back of your neck. The smell can be irritating but they're meant to help relax you and stuff. For temporary relief gently massage your temples. Not that you'd feel like doing it, but laughter also helps. And prayer. :)

Owlright

13 year(s) ago

[b]keyseya wrote:[/b] [quote]I say if they're interfering that much with your work and riding then try and find the money to get it sorted, because you don't want to leave it for ages in case it gets worse. Also, because they don't just sound like 'normal' headaches. [/quote] I agree with Kez. I get migraines but that's just migraines so I don't get it checked out, it's not injury-induced like yours seem to be. Generally I can't give much help there. The only thing that really helps me is sleep and very small repetitive motions that help distract myself from the pain, like crocheting or something similar that doesn't take much thought.

KattyKit

13 year(s) ago

I'd say that talking to a doctor would pretty much be the only thing that you can do at this point. It sounds slightly concussion-ish.

THeMadHatter

13 year(s) ago

^ This. If this is a symptom of an injury, then it must be a bit more serious than you think it is. If you leave those vertebrae "out of wack," like that, then you can cause further injury to nerves or your spine which could wind up being permanent. It is always much better to get it taken care of, file with insurance, and deal with it now rather than wait until another time, and then deal with it for years to come. You're still young, take care of your body.

Cowgurl4JC

13 year(s) ago

Yeah I've got a doctors appointment tomorrow and then Thursday afternoon I see the chiropractor so they can take x-rays of my neck and shoulder (I've been needing my shoulder done for while). I'll have to try the heat packs and such. And it seems that whenever I get on here, my headaches go away. Perhaps cause I end up at least giggling quite a bit. LOL Thanks ladies. I appreciate it. ^_^

Cowgurl4JC

13 year(s) ago

Okay so went to the doctor and he ordered me to get a CT scan on my head and x-rays on my neck. Got them done today (so the chiropractor appointment was cancelled. *sad*) and my doctor called this afternoon saying that everything looked normal. When I fell, I did receive a mild concussion (which I figured) and too avoid hitting my head within the month. Otherwise, if I do, I could possibly end up with chronic headaches and even some neurological problems. So I definitely dodged a bullet. Thank God for helmets. Now time to replace said praised helmet...

keyseya

13 year(s) ago

*hug* I'm glad nothing is seriously wrong!

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)