Login

Help!

horsechic1990

18 year(s) ago

I've posted something like this in the Ladies Only Forum! but it would be nice to get opinions from guys on this matter. I'll start by explaining myself a little first so that you'll know what I'm talking about. Basically I have known this guy for about a year (he was in my Spanish class last year) and at the end of the year I asked him to sign my yearbook. He signed it and wrote something along the lines of this in the yearbook: "Hey, thanks for all the help in Spanish. I love your laugh and you are really nice and sweet. Have a great summer and make it a good one." He signed his name too. Anyways, I showed what he wrote to one of my really good friends who knows him somewhat too, and she took that to mean that he might like me 'cause she said that "no guy would write anything that mushy unless they liked you." Lots of my other friends agreed with her and I did too at the time. I could have sworn I might have even caught him looking at me from across the library once before school and some other signs that might have told me he liked me, maybe. I am so bad at reading those kinds of signals though, and I have ended up in serious embarrasment before when I misread those signals. Anyways, back on topic... Because of what my friends said, I decided to call him a couple of days after school got out (I had his number from when I worked on an improv. with him during Spanish once last year). It felt really awkward though 'cause I didnot know what to say and he wasn't saying a lot to me. I texted him a while after that (he did reply) and I haven't called him since then. I texted him again a few times since then and he hasn't replyed at all or tried to call me (I told him in a text that he replyed to earlier that my phone number was in the front of his yearbook) at all. I told my mom and asked her what I should do (I kinda felt like I should call him but I kinda didn't want to call him in a way) and she said that I shouldn't do anything and I shouldn't call him or anything 'cause I had already tried to contact him so many times. She said that I have already tried to pursue him, so she felt it would be a BIG waste of my time to try to keep contacting him. I have gotten similar advice from other people (and I agree with those people) but I still feel like I should have tried to call him again. What should I do now? Have I made the right decision by agreeing not to call or text him? Do you think he could like me, or do you think he is not interested (even in being friends) 'cause he hasn't attempted to contact me at all? Any comments/advice that you all have for me would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! Oh, before I forget, if you are a guy, what are some ways you try to show girls you like them without actually telling them? Some input like that would help me a lot too. Thanks!

squirrelgirl

18 year(s) ago

yeah i would just wait. and if he does like you, he's prolly too embarassed to say anything. if he doesnt, hes prolly scared. guys are weird. and this keeps happening to me over and over, so im used to this kind of problem coming up, and i try to stay clear of these situations. dont worry, everything will be fine. it's just one guy, and the world wont end if he never speaks to you again. life goes on, and god does everything for a reason. and as for the things satan does to mess stuff up, god uses them as part of his plan. so dont worry, everything will be fine ;)

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)