Login

Help me please!

horsechic1990

17 year(s) ago

I need help on a problem that involves imaginary numbers. I get most of the things involved with imaginary numbers, but there is this one problem on my homework assignment I don't understand, so if someone could help me, I'd greatly appreciate it! Here's the problem (I'll put the directions for it first): In Exercises 21-24, find the real numbers "x" and "y" that make the equation true. 24. (5-2i)-7= x-(3+yi) *For reference, the square root of -1= i, i^2=-1. i^3= -i, i^4=1

enzo

17 year(s) ago

thats wwwwwaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy over my head

horsechic1990

17 year(s) ago

By the way, thanks for the help everyone! I really appreciate it! By the way, I do understand imaginary numbers in general MisterNathan, I just didn't get the math involved with this particular problem...

MisterNathan

17 year(s) ago

[b]horsechic1990 wrote:[/b] [quote]By the way, thanks for the help everyone! I really appreciate it! By the way, I do understand imaginary numbers in general MisterNathan, I just didn't get the math involved with this particular problem...[/quote] I figured that lol. You're a pretty bright person.

peewee872

17 year(s) ago

very confusing

Smitty

17 year(s) ago

haha! im proud to say i just finished geometry this semester sophomore year, and i have no clue what kinda smart math that is... except that i is a number that isnt completly real, and it has something to do with a negative square root... and now i feel weird cause im thinking about math outside of school...

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)