Login

Help please!!

randomly-awesome

15 year(s) ago

Hey all, I have to choose a book for my english class, but she gave me choices to choose from. I picked out 3 from the list, and need your help to decide what I wanna read. Here is the list; Stoner and Spaz by Ron Koertge Ben Bancroft and Colleen Minou originally do not have much in common. Colleen is more the rebellious teen while Ben has cerebral palsy. However, none of that matters when they discover a love of old movies. Can they help one another build the self-esteem they need? Gingerbread by Rachel Cohn When Cyd continually disobeys her parents by seeing her boyfriend, Shrimp, they decide it is time to get Cyd out of town. Moving from San Francisco to New York, Cyd learns more about herself along the way. She ends up living with a man she has on met once? Is once enough? Hanging on to Max by Margaret Bechard When Sam’s girlfriend doesn’t put the new baby up for adoption, Sam steps in to take care of Max. He then learns he is unprepared to deal with both being a father and a student. Sam continues to learn more about his relationship with his own father as he struggles to care for his son. PLEASE HELP ME CHOOSE!!!!!

Jekkie

15 year(s) ago

What are the other choices? Because, honestly, all three of those choices look pretty bland. =/

randomly-awesome

15 year(s) ago

I can post them all... one sec.

randomly-awesome

15 year(s) ago

Stuck in Neutral by Terry Trueman A young boy with cerebral palsy battles the misconceptions of others who think he is stupid. Instead, Shawn McDaniel is quite the opposite. He is well aware of the fact that his father is trying to kill him. Lisa, Bright and Dark by John Nuefield How do you convince your parents that you are slowly loosing your mind? What do you do if your parents don’t listen? Is suicide the answer? Lisa Shilling moves farther and farther into the world of mental illness. There she must face a number of challenges with or without her family. Stoner and Spaz by Ron Koertge Ben Bancroft and Colleen Minou originally do not have much in common. Colleen is more the rebellious teen while Ben has cerebral palsy. However, none of that matters when they discover a love of old movies. Can they help one another build the self-esteem they need? Gingerbread by Rachel Cohn When Cyd continually disobeys her parents by seeing her boyfriend, Shrimp, they decide it is time to get Cyd out of town. Moving from San Francisco to New York, Cyd learns more about herself along the way. She ends up living with a man she has on met once? Is once enough? Hanging on to Max by Margaret Bechard When Sam’s girlfriend doesn’t put the new baby up for adoption, Sam steps in to take care of Max. He then learns he is unprepared to deal with both being a father and a student. Sam continues to learn more about his relationship with his own father as he struggles to care for his son. Jay’s Journal by Anonymous Jay becomes involved in a world that he never knew existed, one he never wanted to know existed. Now, that he is part of the circle, the cult, how does he get out? Is there a way to stop his plunge into darkness? Growing Wings by Laurel Winter Sure we all have something that is a little bit different about us. That is what makes up unique; however, for Linnet, her something different is a pair of wings. How is she supposed to fit in with those on her back? Scorpions by Walter Dean Myers The true story of Jamal Hicks provides a unique insight to the choices a young boy must make since he is a gang member. Should he pull the trigger? Do he have the courage? Will this really make his the leader of the Scorpions? Green Angel by Alice Hoffman Green is left behind one day as her family leaves to sell their wares in the city. Suddenly, the sky burns, and the city is destroyed. Green is left to wait for her family to return. Will they return? Will Green have to spend the rest of her days in solitude? Call of the Wild by Jack London When Buck is taken from his master in California, he is pushed into the world of sledding in the harsh Alaskan wilderness. He learns to fight for food, for position within the pack, for his life. Though once abused by humans, Buck learns to accept them once again. This book can be found online through . Here they are... none of them look to good... thats why I picked the best looking ones...

Jekkie

15 year(s) ago

Geez, those all look pretty bad. Whoever wrote the descriptions wasn't helping much either. If I HAD to chose one, it'd be [i]Lisa, Bright and Dark[/i] or [i]Scorpions[/i]. BTW, what grade are you in?

randomly-awesome

15 year(s) ago

9th, why? I am thinking about the first 3 I posted... They seem like something I could get into... I don't know though...

Jekkie

15 year(s) ago

I was asking because there are plenty of GOOD books you could be reading. For instance, considering your grade, [i]The Last Book In The Universe[/i] by Rodman Philbrick. Good read and generally aimed at an audience your age. Perhaps you should ask your teacher if you could read that as an alternative?

randomly-awesome

15 year(s) ago

I can't... she already said I have to choose from these books sadly....

cookiedough28

15 year(s) ago

[b]Jekkie wrote:[/b] [quote]I was asking because there are plenty of GOOD books you could be reading. For instance, considering your grade, [i]The Last Book In The Universe[/i] by Rodman Philbrick. Good read and generally aimed at an audience your age. Perhaps you should ask your teacher if you could read that as an alternative?[/quote] Love that book! I read it in 7th grade and it was great!

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)