Login

Holiness & Righteousness

MaddMatt

15 year(s) ago

1 Peter 1:15But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; 16for it is written: "Be holy, because I am holy." So does righteousness flow out of Holiness, or does Holiness flow out of righteousness, or are they completely seperate, and if you believe that they are completely seperate please explain how? -Matt

Chantillon

15 year(s) ago

[b]MaddMatt wrote:[/b] [quote]1 Peter 1:15But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; 16for it is written: "Be holy, because I am holy." So does righteousness flow out of Holiness, or does Holiness flow out of righteousness, or are they completely seperate, and if you believe that they are completely seperate please explain how? -Matt[/quote] You can't have one without the other,the sinner is transformed from unrightousness to holiness by sanctifying grace.

MaddMatt

15 year(s) ago

[b]Chantillon wrote:[/b] [quote][b]MaddMatt wrote:[/b] [quote]1 Peter 1:15But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; 16for it is written: "Be holy, because I am holy." So does righteousness flow out of Holiness, or does Holiness flow out of righteousness, or are they completely seperate, and if you believe that they are completely seperate please explain how? -Matt[/quote] You can't have one without the other,the sinner is transformed from unrightousness to holiness by sanctifying grace.[/quote] Would that be "Entire Sanctification" or partial sanctification that you are referring to? ;) -Matt

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)