Login

Home Movies: The Last Airbender

javie

13 year(s) ago

I am going to be honest with every single man and woman who is reading this right now. I have watched so many movies that were either great, epic, and awesome to the point that I want to watch it over and over again. I have even seen movies where it's so bad, that I don't ever want to watch it again. But I have seen only two movies in my entire life where I never finish watching a movie, only because it is that bad. The first is that incredibly boring Jesse James movie with Brad Pitt, and this. [IMG]http://i895.photobucket.com/albums/ac151/Trapcard/last_airbender_ver6.jpg[/IMG] Just trying to review this movie is not going to be an easy thing for me, because it is just so incredibly bad, that it makes me mad just thinking about it. That is why I'm busting out the meditating balls that my friend from Bible college gave me as a birthday present from his mission trip from Hong Kong. This is just going to hurt, and for those of you survivors who have seen this movie, you already know how painful my experience is. I'm doing this just to tell someone my experience was like. Here we go. Let me share with you with my experience on Avatar: The Last Airbender before I even do the review. Like I said in my Top 10 favorite anime opening's, I made myself clear that I don't like American anime. The animation, to me, just doesn't appeal to me. That, and sometimes they have such a weak plot. Avatar, to me, is one of them. All they're doing is the same thing in every single episode. It gets old after watching one episode after another. What I mean by that is that most of the time, its just the waterbenders vs. the firelords or the earthbenders vs. the firelords. Is that really it? Come on. And please don't take me too seriously, because I rarely ever watched this show. But when I saw the trailers for this, it looked okay. It wasn't anything special. But right when I heard the huge uproar of just how bad this film was, I was glad that I never watched the show. If I did, then I would probably have trapped myself into watching it. My sister got the DVD on Christmas, and I needed to give it the biggest punishment of giving my brutally honest opinion on this film. And you could all have guessed that it wasn't even worth it. The title was the first problem. The Last Airbender? It sounds like M. Night Shyamalan passed out gas making this movie. The other problems? Everything else. The special effects get tiring after looking at them so many times of doing the same thing. And did they all have to perform some weird dance in order to use their attacks? The way how they were used just looked so boring. The actors were all terrible. The worst one was the firelord's son. His acting was just bizzarre. There would be moments where he over acts, and then he would just under act, and then over act again, and repeats it in sort of a cycle. The people in this movie are idiots. In order to give my example, the earth benders. I just can't believe these morons. One, they lost to the fire benders. How on EARTH can they lose? Ah?! AH?! Fine. I guess no one will find that one funny. My point on saying that is that there is earth all around them. So they could have caved the firelords underground, and squash them. Problem number two, the earth benders are sent to prison, outdoors, where there is so much dirt. How stupid are these people?! There is just no way I can believe that these people could have lost in front of the firelords. Heck, even the air benders, who died from the firelords, could have taken them down. It could have been the equivalent of blowing the candles out of a birthday cake. And get this, the water benders act like they are outmatched for the firelords too. They live on huge ice burgs, and they can't even think about using the freakin' ocean to take them down? Guys, its not that easy to take down fire, even in front of a massive army of fire benders. I watched at least over the halfway point of this movie. I felt as if this movie was just too long. I remembered watching up to the 58:00 mark, and I thought that the movie was almost over from there. When I saw that with my own eyes, I was like, "aww man! More?!" right when I watched at least 1:08:00 of the film, that was when I decided to stop, because I couldn't take anymore of this horrid movie. Man, it's no wonder why this movie failed so hard. I only heard of two people who like this movie, and that's it. There is just no way on earth that so many people were overreacting about this film, even after my watch. This movie shouldn't have ever existed to begin with. When this movie was about to come out in theaters, M. Night said that this was going to be it for his career. I guess he forgot that he was making Devil when he announced that. But I really thought that The Happening was the death of his career, until I started watching this one. I say he should just put an end to his career, because there is just no future for him if he keeps this up. The verdict: 0/5 This is my very first zero, and I hope that I will never give another score like this one to another movie ever again. That is if I accidentally watch The Room. Please, PLEASE keep me away from that one.

Jekkie

13 year(s) ago

I came in here expecting a reference to Home Movies (the AS show). I am disappoint.

javie

13 year(s) ago

I forgot to men to those who didn't know that this is the new installment that I made to my movie reviews. Like I said on my Tron review, this is where I pick a movie that I have at home, and review them to you.

KattyKit

13 year(s) ago

Well, I adore the cartoon series, but the movie sucked.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)