Login

Home Movies: Tron

javie

13 year(s) ago

Welcome to my 6th review on my newest installment that I would simply like to call Home Movies. This is where I review movies that I have at home and review them to you. The first five were the Star Wars prequels, the extras in Star Wars, and Back to the Future part one. The sixth movie on my Home Movies review is: [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v489/brainy-delays/Films/Tron-DVD.jpg[/IMG] This movie was one of my dad's favorite movies when growing up as a kid. He was a big gamer at the time when Pac-man ruled the arcades, and he was hyped to see this one too. This movie nowadays has always been a subject to most people as a lame and cheesy movie, but let's see if that's fair to say to today's standards. The movie is about Flynn, who used to work for ENCOM, which is a huge high tech company that is the creator of the Master Computer Program (a.k.a., the MCP), and their newest technology of their transporter that digitizes a physical object into the program system. Flynn worked for the company, until he was booted out of the company by a rich snob, who I can't remember, and used his name by claiming that he created all of the software programs that Flynn created. Ever since then, Flynn has been trying to hack into the MCP to grab a hold of the information that he needs, while working in a arcade. The snob finds out about this, and closes off all of the programs because of it. Flynn's friends are concerned about this, so they go to him to figure out about why he's doing this, and brings him to ENRON to hack the program to get the proof that he needs. The MCP didn't like it, and digitized him into the program. Now he finally enters into the gaming world. He works as a slave of gaming, but the bad guys in red (which you can tell, because bad guys are obviously in red), forces them to play video games, always tries to tell these programs that there are no such thing as users, and those who believe that are religious freaks. Kind of like what the Atheist thinks about us Christians. As a matter in fact, this whole government feels like as if its set up like a communist prison camp made only to enslave Christians. I don't know if you have notice that before, or even now, I now just noticed it. Anyway, Flynn, meets up with Ram and Tron in a game together, as they play in motorcycles as a team, where they create their own mazes to trap their opponents. One of the opponents crashes into a wall, creating a crack big enough for the programs to escape. Here is where their journey begins to get into the MCP. I truly love how original this movie is with being the first ever movie to use CGI as part of their world. It makes you feel as if you are in a video game, and not playing it. The music itself is just great. Everything about the music in this one just gives you the feeling that you are in a video game. So does the action too. It literally felt like the movie brought the imagination of the video game world to life. There may be people out there who are complaining that Tron Legacy is going to be entirely in CGI, but if you look back at the first one, its the first to ever do that. With Tron Legacy coming out, I'm already wondering if I want to go see this one or not. I know my grandma wants to go see this one already, and her reason for it is because she took my dad out to see it when he was a kid, so she feels as if she has to see this one. The special effects look really great, and the music is composed by Daft Punk, one of my favorite artist today. So with that said, Tron gets: 4/5 Really worth checking out.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)