Login

Homeschoolers!

pooterscooter

16 year(s) ago

I have a few problems with being homeschooled. 1.My friends keep on telling me that I need to go to a school. What should i do about that. 2. They say that it is hard to be homeschooled. I think it is because they have always gone to a school but I have been homeschooled since I was going into 1st grade. 3.All the friends that I have are my friends at church. There are not many kids in my neighbor hood. I know the kids who are in my neighbor hood pretty well but they are not my friends because I never see or hang out with them any more. I used to but after this one accident I had on a trampoline we don't hang out. 4.I love doing fundraisers but the only ones that I get to do are with my church.

AmberRose

16 year(s) ago

well do u like being homeschooled? i couldn't tell by your message

hiimtaylor

16 year(s) ago

i completly under stand im home schooled also 1. you r home schooled and you cant change that. thogh my mom has thought about my going 2 highskool but im not sure 2.i get that alot too. my fuends ether say "luck! i wanna be home skoolled" or "omg i would hate to be home skooled but im in 8th grade now and i went to a christian private skool til the second semester of 4th grade 3.yea i know all my friends are from my church too but there is only 1 other 8th grade girl. we have nothing in comin and she missed the cut-off date 4 skool by a few days. so she is the age of all the 9th graders. there r not many kids in my neiborhood eather im 13 an dthe only other kids are 15 16 17 6 and 3 so im stuck with my yonger bro and sis:S 4.and i love to help out with fundraizing and stuffi simly love it!. and my mom helps out with alot of it too [since we live 3 minuets from our church] and i do know a couple of other home skool kids but the all liv e like 30 min away and my mom hate driving that far. but ask your mom about a co-op near u if u dont no what that is its a bunch of home skoolers get to gater once a week i do that hope i helped~taylor

mybattlecry

16 year(s) ago

[b]pooterscooter wrote:[/b] [quote]I have a few problems with being homeschooled. 1.My friends keep on telling me that I need to go to a school. What should i do about that. 2. They say that it is hard to be homeschooled. I think it is because they have always gone to a school but I have been homeschooled since I was going into 1st grade. 3.All the friends that I have are my friends at church. There are not many kids in my neighbor hood. I know the kids who are in my neighbor hood pretty well but they are not my friends because I never see or hang out with them any more. I used to but after this one accident I had on a trampoline we don't hang out. 4.I love doing fundraisers but the only ones that I get to do are with my church.[/quote] You can have fun by joining an out reach team! I went on a missions trip with some friends and had fun doing that! I am home schooled and i have found this coop that is really fun because some of my friends are doing it to. I LOVE it a bunch and we have lots of fun. Also GET INVOLVED in some extra cur. act. They are awesome and they also can involve your friends! Besides i have heard that homeschoolers get better scolarships too if that makes any difference to you. May be you can get some of your friends over and study with you or something. I did that once with 1 of my friends and that was fun, too.:) So enjoy the fact that you might get better schooling . B) :laugh: [color=#000080][/color]

celeste17

16 year(s) ago

[b]pooterscooter wrote:[/b] [quote]I have a few problems with being homeschooled. 1.My friends keep on telling me that I need to go to a school. What should i do about that. 2. They say that it is hard to be homeschooled. I think it is because they have always gone to a school but I have been homeschooled since I was going into 1st grade. 3.All the friends that I have are my friends at church. There are not many kids in my neighbor hood. I know the kids who are in my neighbor hood pretty well but they are not my friends because I never see or hang out with them any more. I used to but after this one accident I had on a trampoline we don't hang out. 4.I love doing fundraisers but the only ones that I get to do are with my church.[/quote] I've been homeschooled all my life and I'll be graduating in June. I absolutely love being homeschooled and I plan on homeschooling my kids (when I get married that is). My friends are all at church as well, but I do have a few friends that are in public school and a few that are homeschooled and I usually like being with my homeschooled friends best. 1. If you truly enjoy being homeschooled, stick with it. 2. You are right in the fact about your public school friends. They don't know what it's like to be homeschooled so they don't really understand. 3. I live in a small neighborhood and still don't really know that many people as friends that is. 4. I love being involved in my church too. An idea might be to help out with community fundraisers for charities and such. And a homeschool group is a good idea. You can meet other homeschoolers and make friends that will understand where your coming from. My family joined one recently and my brothers really like it. Hope everything works out for you. And one last thing, above all pray and ask God's wisdom on these things. He'll help you know what to do. God bless. Sarah

softballgirl10

16 year(s) ago

[b]pooterscooter wrote:[/b] [quote]I have a few problems with being homeschooled. 1.My friends keep on telling me that I need to go to a school. What should i do about that. 2. They say that it is hard to be homeschooled. I think it is because they have always gone to a school but I have been homeschooled since I was going into 1st grade. 3.All the friends that I have are my friends at church. There are not many kids in my neighbor hood. I know the kids who are in my neighbor hood pretty well but they are not my friends because I never see or hang out with them any more. I used to but after this one accident I had on a trampoline we don't hang out. 4.I love doing fundraisers but the only ones that I get to do are with my church.[/quote] I'm in the EXACT same situation I really mean that too lol. Anyway I look at the good side since I've been homeschooling since 1st grade I at first was lazy and didn't do much, but then when I got like in 7th grade I was determined to graduate early. What I did I focused on my goal and the positives skipped the eighth grade (I just started ninth actually) and I got on some sports teams and I make friends there. Now because of homeschool I'm going to be graduating at 16 WOOOT

AustenB

16 year(s) ago

I'm in a homeschool co-op/group. This helps to keep homeschoolers socialized and well educated. Maybe you can see if there are any in your area.

Peragonfalcon

16 year(s) ago

[b]hiimtaylor wrote:[/b] [quote]i completly under stand im home schooled also 1. you r home schooled and you cant change that. thogh my mom has thought about my going 2 highskool but im not sure 2.i get that alot too. my fuends ether say "luck! i wanna be home skoolled" or "omg i would hate to be home skooled but im in 8th grade now and i went to a christian private skool til the second semester of 4th grade 3.yea i know all my friends are from my church too but there is only 1 other 8th grade girl. we have nothing in comin and she missed the cut-off date 4 skool by a few days. so she is the age of all the 9th graders. there r not many kids in my neiborhood eather im 13 an dthe only other kids are 15 16 17 6 and 3 so im stuck with my yonger bro and sis:S 4.and i love to help out with fundraizing and stuffi simly love it!. and my mom helps out with alot of it too [since we live 3 minuets from our church] and i do know a couple of other home skool kids but the all liv e like 30 min away and my mom hate driving that far. but ask your mom about a co-op near u if u dont no what that is its a bunch of home skoolers get to gater once a week i do that hope i helped~taylor[/quote] You should never never never ever go to a public school, they literally change your mind. I went to one for only 2 days, to see what they are like, and uhhh... horrrible! Sports, Good friends, are all great, but if I went to one I would be arguing with the science teachers 24/7. See if you have any home-schooling co-ps in your area. And if your friends think homeschooling is hard, they should think again. Oh, one more thing; it should not matter what age you are to have a friend. One of my best friends, no not Rob AustenB, is almost twice as old as I am.

Post edited by: Peragonfalcon, at: 2008/03/14 12:10

larry229

16 year(s) ago

I've been home schooled most of my life, in Year 6 I went to the local Christian School. I honestly love it! I can learn how I learn best, through reading and online discussion, I can study the subjects I enjoy, and I can do so many things that other kids can't. When I lived in New Zealand I got an afternoon job at a lawyers office that there was no way for me to do had I been in school. Being home schooled gives you so many opportunities, you just have to look for them. As for friends, join the youth group, a Bible study group, a local club, or even volunteer for a charity. Go to the old people's home and just hang out, believe it or not, old people rock. Head down to the library and get stuck into a book or offer the librarian a hand. There is so much you can do with your time to help others and yourself.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)