Login

how many academy award winners do you own?

screams

17 year(s) ago

any oscars i guess. winning for best makeup or whatever counts. i thought of this because i was looking at the nominees for academy awards 07 on imdb. http://imdb.com/features/rto/2007/oscars most of the movies this year sucked. i've only seen a few of the ones that are actually nominated, but it's easy to guess which ones will win certain things. i'm not going to list the awards that they won, since some of theme have a lot. i'm including best picture though, because it's sort of the ultimate award. gladiator - best picture the pianist spider-man 2 the fellowship of the ring the two towers the return of the king - best picture star wars empire strikes back return of the jedi jurassic park jbraveheart the godfather - best picture the godfather II - best picture the godfather III - best picture king kong saving private ryan the lion the witch and the wardrobe raiders of the lost ark indiana jones and the last crusade indiana jones and the temple of doom if you go to imdb.com you can search for a movie and on the right it says awards and nominations, you click on that and it will show you what it was nominated for and what it won. here's a list of the rest of my dvds: http://imdb.com/mymovies/list?l=18241556 ah, the things i do when i'm bored/putting off my british literature paper.

SmilinBob

17 year(s) ago

way too many to list.

BrotherReed

17 year(s) ago

Most of these are DVD but a few are VHS. Btw, screams, if you really want to keep a nice record of your collection to post for people online, try DVD Aficionado. Here's mine: http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=brother+reed And here are my Oscar winners. Many more than I had expected. [b]Gladiator[/b] - Best Picture, Actor, Visual Effects, Sound, Costume [b]Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade[/b] - Sound Editing [b]Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom[/b] - Visual Effects [b]Jaws[/b] - Music, Editing, Sound [b]Jurassic Park[/b] - Visual Effects, Sound, Sound Editing [b]King Kong[/b] (2005) - Visual Effects, Sound Editing and Mixing [b]Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events[/b] - Makeup [b]LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring[/b] - Cinematography, Visual Effects, Makeup, Original Score [b]LOTR: The Two Towers[/b] - Sound editing, Makeup [b]LOTR: Return of the King[/b] - Best Picture, Director, Adapted Screenplay, 8 more (dang this thing won a lot of awards) [b]The Matrix [/b]- Visual Effects, Sound, Editing [b]Men in Black[/b] - Makeup [b]Raiders of the Lost Ark[/b] - Art Direction, Sound, Visual Effects, Editing [b]Shrek[/b] - Best Animated Feature [b]Star Wars[/b] - Art Direction, Music, Editing, Visual Effects, Sound, Costume [b]The Empires Strikes Back[/b] - Best Sound (that's all this got? I call shenanigans) In addition, I also own kind of low-quality versions of almost every major Hitchcock film, so if it won anything I probably have it. The standout is [b]Rebecca [/b](for Best Picture) but also includes The Man Who Knew Too Much, How to Catch A Thief, Spellbound, and Suspicion.

screams

17 year(s) ago

i was going to list all the awards they won, but by the time i got to return of the king and remembered that it won all 11 awards it was nominated for, i decided i didn't want to do that much research. and cool site, i'll have to look at it a little more later when i'm not writing a paper.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)