Login

I need your advice! Help!

horsechic1990

18 year(s) ago

Hey everyone! I am hoping that you can give some advice to me about my situation. Anyways, I'll go back and give you some background info. first. Every summer, my church does a big outreach event for grades K-6 and every summer a group of teens from Texas comes up to help us with the outreach event. Well, last year I had this HUGE crush on one of the Texas teens named Wes (yes, he is a Christian)! I couldn't stop thinking about him the whole time that he was up helping my church out and so I decided that it would be cool to at least be pen pals with him and see where things went from there. So, I asked one of my friends to ask him for his address and give him my address so that we could write to each other, and then I got some heartbreaking news; Wes already had a girl back in Texas that he was in love with and he said that he would feel awkward (I have no idea if I spelled that right :laugh: ) writing to me while he was with her (so I never got his address). I was really heartbroken and cried for hours after my friend told me what he said; I even had to be comforted by some of my other friends and my mom for a long time afterwards. Also, he's never written to me, so unless he lost my address, then I would guess he's still with that girl. So, I will jump to today. Today after church, I found out that Wes is coming back this summer to help my church with the outreach event again (my church does it every summer)! I was excited and I even told my mom about it. My mom told me that "we'll have to work on your makeup then." I'm guessing that she thought I'd have a chance with Wes this summer. I told her "well, he must still be going out with that girl from Texas, but I guess you never know." My mom told me "Yeah, you never know." Then I told her, "Wait a minute. If I did get together with him, then how would it work? He lives in a different state and I've heard that long distance relationships don't work." My mom said something like "it's a great way to get to know a person when it's long distance." She also had a look on her face that was like "I think it could work." I was thinking, "yeah, it could be possible that Wes isn't with that girl from Texas anymore..." Anyways, here is my problem. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!!! I don't know if I should try talking to Wes again (or what I would say if I did talk to him), I don't know if I should try to find out if he's still with that girl from Texas, I don't know if I should try to be pen pals again or just friends, etc. I am lost and confused on what to do about Wes this summer, so any advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated! Thanks for your help! Bye! By the way, the Texas teens arrive at my church in about a week, so that's not much time until Wes gets here!

stratacastle

18 year(s) ago

I definitely agree with khakigirl - just have fun with it and relax. Be friends, and be yourself. You've met him once before, so it's hard to say what he's really like in every area. Just take some time and develop a friendship. Don't let him distract you too much from your outreach event, though. Both of you are there to work with the kids - you can do that together, but don't neglect it. I hope it goes well!

horsechic1990

18 year(s) ago

Thank you both sooooo much for your advice! I really apprecaite both your help and I can't wait to see Wes! I will be sure to use your advice and I will definately be myself! I definately agree that there is no point in me going out with a guy who doesn't want to work for God, so I will be careful and watch for that kind of stuff. Thanks again and God Bless!

dancingwithtomatoes42

17 year(s) ago

So...did anything happen with wes? it has been over a year, but I am curious!

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)