Login

I return, in need of advice

rami009

11 year(s) ago

I'm not sure how many of my old buds still visit this site. I'm not sure if anyone even visits this site anymore. Especially guys since "the ladies can't come in the Males Only board...." And maybe I should ask in the OD, but I'll try here first. Of course it's about a girl I met. She's probably the best friend I've met since I entered college. We call or text each other every day and hang out like once a week or so. She's about two and a half years younger than I am (she actually graduated high school with my sister). I met her in my chemistry class this past semester. At first I thought she liked me, and I didn't know how I felt since I still didn't really know her. But after a while we found out that we were very different. She's super liberal, I'm super not. She likes Glee, I can't stand it. I like sports, she hates sports. She likes seafood, I won't eat anything that used to live in water. The list goes on but those are the ones we give each other a bad time about most often. She is also WILD. I cannot say exactly how wild she is but she's my wild one. And I am not a wild child. There's something about this girl that entices me. I mean, I wouldn't do the things she does. Well, I don't do the things she does. And normally I wouldn't be so allured by a girl who behaves the way she does. The more she talks to me and the badder I know she is, the more she pulls me in. For the longest time, I had no clue why she attracted me so much. About halfway through typing this, I stopped to get in the shower before my mom went to sleep and I think I figured it out. I like how honest she is. I like how she doesn't have much of a problem with the person she is. She is unashamed, much like myself. Most of the time I'm brutally honest and I call it like I see it without much sugar coating. She makes me think. I like being challenged. So, what I need help with (for anyone who would like to answer) is if it would be a good idea, knowing we are such different people, to further pursue this girl. I don't feel like I would be able to satisfy her. I feel like I would be too boring for her and she'd eventually leave me. I mean, you don't know until you try and I hate dealing in hypotheticals.

Son-Of-Fire

11 year(s) ago

I'd give it a shot. Maybe she could help you step out of your comfort zone a bit.

Blackbird

11 year(s) ago

Go for it. Nothin ventured, nothin gained. Take a chance. If it goes belly up, c'est la vie

Ellipses

11 year(s) ago

The worst that can happen is "no." Think through how you're going to do things in advance and go for it.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)