Login

Inception Review

javie

13 year(s) ago

I finally got to see this movie with my brother and friends. I have to admit, when I saw the trailers to this movie, I thought it looked okay. But once I saw more about this movie and found out what it was about, that's when I started to get so much interest. Christopher Nolan so far has become a very popular, and very successful director. He has now become one of my favorite directors on my list. The explanation to how this movie is laid out is kind of difficult for me. So I'm only going to try to give a short explanation. So please forgive me if I left out something to this process. It's about these people who work privately in special missions in people's dreams. The way how this works is that they have an architect who designs the layouts and the environments of the dreams. Then there's this other guy who shape shifts into other people, just so they can deceive the target to gather information. Then you got this process called the kick, which is the only way how you can wake people up in their dreams. The dreams have two levels, where you can dream in a dream. But in this movie, Leonardo Decarpio wanted to go beyond that into going into 3 levels. They even have a device that puts them to sleep, so they can sleep whenever they want. So there you have it. I'm probably missing a little bit more info, but please correct me if I was wrong on some parts, and add anything else that I'm missing. Leonardo in his role is very good. I'm not too much of a fan of this guy. I know that there are some movies that I do like him as the main character, like Catch Me if you Can, but there are some that I didn't care for. But he was really good in this one as the main character. He constantly dreams about his kids and his wife, and always hangs out with her. His wife, Molly, who happens to have the most distracting pimple in the world, dies, because she thinks she's still in a dream. He doesn't see his children, because his family members believe he killed her. So whenever he's in a mission and sees her in the dreams, she would for some reason try to kill him. The movie never explains why she does that, and it never explain why she was acting like the villain in the movie. The movie never gives us who the villain is, but Molly just comes close to it. Anyway, they try to find the Scarecrow from Batman Begins, by hiring their new architect, who is actually Juno, and three others, who I really can't remember the names to. They try to gather information from this guy to see what was his father's will was that he gave to him, after his recent death. So they travel into three level of dreams to gather it, and have him figure out what his father's will was. I really love how Nolan tried to make these whole worlds work by trying to make them look like something that can happen, just by being created through your mind, and the actions to it. The actions in this movie are so awesome. It will keep you on the edge of your seat the whole time watching them. The special effects are pretty good. The best scene has got to be on the beginning of how Leonardo explains and demonstrates to Juno of how creating dreams work. This has got to be, by far, one of the most interesting original movies I have seen in a long time. I'm not going to spoil anything to you, nor the ending. Some of you might have heard about it, but it's still making me think so much. Its one of those movies that does have an ending, where it makes you try to watch it to understand it, and you really have to pay close attention to this movie, if you want to understand it. I was warned about that before I watched it, but I still can't figure it out. But overall, I loved this movie, regardless if I didn't get it on the end. 5/5

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)