Login

Is it possible...

serfofChrist92

13 year(s) ago

Heh...I guess I have my own sort of "ryan post" ;) Scenario: your girlfriend says she's not sure how to act around you now that the two of you are officially a couple. You being her boyfriend now kind of "feels weird." Question: is it possible to be too close to someone to be in a relationship? I mean. I don't really understand what she meant. Is this the part where I take back my comments about the advantages of having known my now girlfriend for the majority of both of our short lives? I can't say I've experienced whatever she's talking about. Anyone ever heard this before, or know what I'm talking about? Hopefully it's nothing. but it scares me. :dry:

MisterNathan

13 year(s) ago

It's just something some people go through when going from being close friends to a couple. It's a change. I kinda had to force myself to hold Kathryn's hand when we first started going out...and it honestly felt weird. But like I said, it was a phase and I got over it pretty fast. And I still say the best foundation for a relationship is a solid friendship, for what it's worth. ;)

serfofChrist92

13 year(s) ago

Gotcha. I suppose me being at West Point and only seeing her less than once a month (on average) further complicates the matter. It makes four months of being "together" slightly less significant, as far as time to get over the weirdness goes.

memnonkarana

13 year(s) ago

I think that whille relationships from friendships can be weird at the beginning, they are well worth it in the end... I'm not the best person here to talk about relationships, though... :P

MisterNathan

13 year(s) ago

[b]serfofChrist92 wrote:[/b] [quote]Gotcha. I suppose me being at West Point and only seeing her less than once a month (on average) further complicates the matter. It makes four months of being "together" slightly less significant, as far as time to get over the weirdness goes.[/quote] Heh, yeah, that can make it trickier. It actually wasn't difficult to perform the same transition from close friend to girlfriend with Bethany, despite only seeing her once a week...but there are, uh, unique circumstances that helped that lol.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)