Login

is sin optional?

eye2C

17 year(s) ago

I have been in these forums a while back and remember reading about people talking about sin as if we can't control it in our lives. I found this verse and thought it interesting. What are your responses? IJohn 3:6 No one who abides in Him commmits (practices) sin. No one who habitually sins has either seen or known Him, or has had an experiential aquaintance with Him.

Cheecha

17 year(s) ago

yes it i, you have a choice, that God gives you: No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it. - 1 Cor. 10:13 saying, there is always away out of tempation, we have to choose to sin.

canary-praize269

17 year(s) ago

we're all born w/ sin so in that sence it isn't optional. but we have the choice of not sinning mean we can choose not too. that help? amy

Rianne9994

17 year(s) ago

Personally I believe that we can control our own sin. In Galatians Chapter five verse twenty-four, it says :Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires. and well Yeah if you Know God you aren't going to sin because that's not in His will.

Bittersweet

17 year(s) ago

Since Adam and Eve, humans are cursed with sinning some point in our lives... But we can choose to avoid things that cause us to sin, and if a person asks for forgiveness from G-d, I do believe they'll be forgiven. So no, sin isn't optional.

agene

17 year(s) ago

[b]Bittersweet wrote:[/b] [quote]Since Adam and Eve, humans are cursed with sinning some point in our lives... But we can choose to avoid things that cause us to sin, and if a person asks for forgiveness from G-d, I do believe they'll be forgiven. So no, sin isn't optional.[/quote] yes we have the nature. the curse yes the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak. BUT it is optional we just have to starve the flesh once we have been saved we are no longer bound to sin we have a choice.

jeremy1993

16 year(s) ago

God gave us free well not we feel like we have free will

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)