Login

is the old testament still good for today?

jewsrock

17 year(s) ago

every where i always hear that the old testament is passed away but ive found many scrptures in the new testament that says other wise. i dont believe it is passed away but why does every one else believe it is?

rockin-chix

17 year(s) ago

thaz bologna, the old testement iz not dead, there are lots of things we can learn from the old testement. the difference is that the old testement talks about everything before Jesus came to earth, and the new testement tells that because Jesus died on the cross we dont have to make animals sacrifices anymore, and everything after Jesus died on the cross for our sins, and the return of Jesus.

PreachersKid

17 year(s) ago

about the unclean food here is some scripture acts 10: 11-15 He saw heaven open and something like a large sheet being let down to earth by it's four corners. It contained all kinds of four-footed animals, as well as reptiles of earth and birds of the air. Then a voice told him, "Get up, Peter. Kill and eat." "Surely not, Lord!" Peter replied. "I have never eaten anything impure or unclean." The voice spoke to him a second time, "Do not call anything impure that God has made clean."

barry

17 year(s) ago

Whoever teaches that any part of G-d's word is not for us anymore is teaching a lie and will be called least in the Kingdom. Matthew 5:19 - "Whoever then annuls one of the least of these commandments, and teaches others to do the same, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever keeps and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven."

sweetmelody

17 year(s) ago

no the new testament has not passed away.

barry

17 year(s) ago

From the beginning, man believed he could set aside the commandments of a Holy G-d and still live. This is the Adamic nature passed down from one generation to the next. It will cause those who cling to it to "surely die."

PirateGirl

17 year(s) ago

Yes and no. The Old Testament has some good ideas in it, and the basic ideas and morals that a good Christian should have. No, becuase many things are outdated, such as, sacrificing people, animals, your SON, etc. The idea that homosexuality is sinful, and that a father can sell their daughter into slavery. Some of these things just have no place in the world today.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)