Login

Jane Austen

celeste17

16 year(s) ago

I don't know about anyone else, but I absolutely love ALL of Jane Austen's books. She is my favorite authoress (coming just slightly ahead of Louisa M. Alcott). I was just wondering who else loves Jane Austen and which book[s] of hers you like best. Sarah.

Fife

16 year(s) ago

Jane Austen is incredible. My favorites are a tie between Pride and Prejudice and Sense and Sensability. However, my alltime favorite couple is Darcy and Elizabeth, hands down. They have to be the most romantic couple in all history.

celeste17

16 year(s) ago

[b]Fife wrote:[/b] [quote]Jane Austen is incredible. My favorites are a tie between Pride and Prejudice and Sense and Sensability. However, my alltime favorite couple is Darcy and Elizabeth, hands down. They have to be the most romantic couple in all history.[/quote] Oh, I simply LOVE Pride & Prejudice. And Darcy and Elizabeth one of my favorite couples. Emma really comes in second for me. What about Mansfield Park? Did you enjoy that one?

Fife

16 year(s) ago

[b]celeste17 wrote:[/b] [quote][b]Fife wrote:[/b] [quote]Jane Austen is incredible. My favorites are a tie between Pride and Prejudice and Sense and Sensability. However, my alltime favorite couple is Darcy and Elizabeth, hands down. They have to be the most romantic couple in all history.[/quote] Oh, I simply LOVE Pride & Prejudice. And Darcy and Elizabeth one of my favorite couples. Emma really comes in second for me. What about Mansfield Park? Did you enjoy that one?[/quote] I haven't read that one yet - what's it about? Read Persuasion?

celeste17

16 year(s) ago

I'm reading through it right now. But so far it's about a family who take in one of their poor relations and raise her. Yes, I've read Persuasion, but it's been awhile. What other authors do you like?

Bittersweet

16 year(s) ago

I love Jane Austen. Her works are amazing.

Fife

16 year(s) ago

[b]celeste17 wrote:[/b] [quote]I'm reading through it right now. But so far it's about a family who take in one of their poor relations and raise her. Yes, I've read Persuasion, but it's been awhile. What other authors do you like?[/quote] As far as classic novels? There are a lot - and many of them I don't know the author but just the title of the novel so. . .Jane Eyre for one. Also, I'm re-reading "The Three Musketeers", which is absolutely fabulous. One author I will never tire of, though, is Mark Twain. Not his stories, mind you, but his essays. If you like classic literature and you also like comedy, you'll get the biggest kick out of that guy. (If you happen to follow my advice and look him up, read the essay on Niagra Falls)

celeste17

16 year(s) ago

[b]Fife wrote:[/b] [quote][b]celeste17 wrote:[/b] [quote]I'm reading through it right now. But so far it's about a family who take in one of their poor relations and raise her. Yes, I've read Persuasion, but it's been awhile. What other authors do you like?[/quote] As far as classic novels? There are a lot - and many of them I don't know the author but just the title of the novel so. . .Jane Eyre for one. Also, I'm re-reading "The Three Musketeers", which is absolutely fabulous. One author I will never tire of, though, is Mark Twain. Not his stories, mind you, but his essays. If you like classic literature and you also like comedy, you'll get the biggest kick out of that guy. (If you happen to follow my advice and look him up, read the essay on Niagra Falls)[/quote] Oh, I love Jane Eyre. It was written by the Bronte sisters, at least that's what my copy says. Although I thought it said in my history book it was written by Emily Bronte. Either way it's a really great book and definitely a classic. I've never gotten around to reading "The Three Musketeers", I've only watched the movie when I was a kid. I'll think about reading it. I've read both Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn (for literature class back in 9th grade), but they weren't exactly my thing. But even though the books were (in my opinion) geared more towards boys, I still loved the way he painted such avid pictures with his writing. I do love classic literature and comedy. Where would I be able to find his essays? Is there a specific book with all of them?

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)