Login

John 10:30

dancingwithtomatoes42

16 year(s) ago

John 10:30 (New International Version) "I and the Father are one." John 10:30 (The Message) "I and the Father are one heart and mind." John 10:30 (Amplified Bible) "I and the Father are One." John 10:30 (King James Version) King James Version (KJV) "I and my Father are one." John 10:30 (Young's Literal Translation) Young's Literal Translation (YLT) Public Domain "I and the Father are one." John 10:30 (Worldwide English (New Testament)) Worldwide English (New Testament) (WE) "My Father and I are one." Question- do all these translations interpret the original Greek wrong? Would Christ lie to us? I just want to know. If you don't believe in the Trinity, please explain to me, because as I can't go back to the original Greek, I cannot know for myself.

Post edited by: dancingwithtomatoes42, at: 2007/12/12 18:48

barry

16 year(s) ago

I, barry strain, and the Father are one! I barry strain, and His Messiah are one! My Rabbi and I, are one! My wife and I, you guessed it, are one! One = in agreement, alike,

MaddMatt

16 year(s) ago

[b]dancingwithtomatoes42 wrote:[/b] [quote]John 10:30 (New International Version) "I and the Father are one." John 10:30 (The Message) "I and the Father are one heart and mind." John 10:30 (Amplified Bible) "I and the Father are One." John 10:30 (King James Version) King James Version (KJV) "I and my Father are one." John 10:30 (Young's Literal Translation) Young's Literal Translation (YLT) Public Domain "I and the Father are one." John 10:30 (Worldwide English (New Testament)) Worldwide English (New Testament) (WE) "My Father and I are one." Question- do all these translations interpret the original Greek wrong? Would Christ lie to us? I just want to know. If you don't believe in the Trinity, please explain to me, because as I can't go back to the original Greek, I cannot know for myself.<br><br>Post edited by: dancingwithtomatoes42, at: 2007/12/12 18:48[/quote] Tomatoe Dancer, Please keep in mind that in order to reject God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit being One God, and yet three persons, non-Trinitarians must misinterpret many Scriptures, not just the one that you pointed to. Of course you would not have to twist SCripture, you could, as you implied, believe that Jesus is a liar. However, I do not know of any non-Trinitarians who would hold to that as a foundation of their belief. Non of them would say that Jesus lied. It goes much deeper than that actually. You see, they do not reject that Jesus said that He and His Father are One... What they do is pull their rabbit out of their hat, and magically change that Scripture to be a "figurative" Oneness. The non-Trinitarian will usually switch between figuartive and litteral translation of Scripture when it is most convienient to match their personal pre-conceived ideas. So it is not so much what the actual text said, and what the origianl words meant... it is a case of whether or not you believe that Scripture is litteral, or if it is a big fairy tale that we can all relate to, but holds very little foundational Truth... rather we must decide and make our own truth from Its figuartive language. The Holy Spirit is real. Jesus Christ is God. and God the Father sent His Son. They are three in One. God is One God. The Trinity soilidifies God's Sovereignty and His Oneness. Keep in mind that there are two major non-Trinitarian beliefs. One, and common to many of the people on this site, they do not believe that Jesus Christ is God. Therefore, their mindset will always interpret Scripture from a heretical position that since Jesus Christ is not God, then any SCripture like the one you pointed out, must be interpreted to be figuaritve, or some other meaning then what it clearly reveals... Anyway... my point is that simply pointing to a specific word, and asking it's original meaning will not persuade someone who reads Scripture from a bad theological stance from the get go. B) -Matt

barry

16 year(s) ago

Funny how it is implied that verses are twisted but when read in context it bears out the fact that Yeshua was in fact not Hashem but His son. John 10:36 "I am the Son of G-d'? "If I do not do the works of My Father, do not believe Me; but if I do them, though you do not believe Me, believe the works, so that you may know and understand that the Father is in Me, and I in the Father." Messiah is in Soldier, and he in the Messiah. Is Soldier now Messiah?

MaddMatt

16 year(s) ago

[b]barry wrote:[/b] [quote]Funny how it is implied that verses are twisted but when read in context it bears out the fact that Yeshua was in fact not Hashem but His son. John 10:36 "I am the Son of G-d'? "If I do not do the works of My Father, do not believe Me; but if I do them, though you do not believe Me, believe the works, so that you may know and understand that the Father is in Me, and I in the Father." Messiah is in Soldier, and he in the Messiah. Is Soldier now Messiah?[/quote] I am pretty sure that I made it clear in my post that Jesus is the Son of God... There is absolutely nothing in Scripture that would reject that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, and there is no Scripture which implies that Jesus was seperate from His Father. There are many verse which support that Jesus was also God. Jesus is not God the Father, and Jesus is not the Holy Spirit. Jesus is God, the Holy Spirit is God, and the Father is God. They are One. I did not say anything to the contrary of Jesus Christ being the Son of God. From Scripture, it is quite clear that He is the Father's Son. -Matt

barry

16 year(s) ago

[b]barry wrote:[/b] [quote]Funny how it is implied that verses are twisted but when read in context it bears out the fact that Yeshua was in fact not Hashem but His son. John 10:36 "I am the Son of G-d'? "If I do not do the works of My Father, do not believe Me; but if I do them, though you do not believe Me, believe the works, so that you may know and understand that the Father is in Me, and I in the Father." Messiah is in Soldier, and he in the Messiah. Is Soldier now Messiah?[/quote] I guess someone didn't research the post in fulll before making a comment. ooooooops! I do not sturggle, thank you! Hashem's truth is reaveled fully in His written word. I need not add nothing.

Incognito

16 year(s) ago

[b]barry wrote:[/b] [quote][b]barry wrote:[/b] [quote]Funny how it is implied that verses are twisted but when read in context it bears out the fact that Yeshua was in fact not Hashem but His son. John 10:36 "I am the Son of G-d'? "If I do not do the works of My Father, do not believe Me; but if I do them, though you do not believe Me, believe the works, so that you may know and understand that the Father is in Me, and I in the Father." Messiah is in Soldier, and he in the Messiah. Is Soldier now Messiah?[/quote] I guess someone didn't research the post in fulll before making a comment. ooooooops! I do not sturggle, thank you! Hashem's truth is reaveled fully in His written word. I need not add nothing.[/quote] I did read that, that is why I said that a man could not be in God. How can Soldier (and who is soldier?) be in God?

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)