Login

Kinect Review

javie

13 year(s) ago

Never did I ever believe that I would do a review on the Kinect in this point of my life. My dad just recently bought the Kniect for my Xbox 360, and this is truly an experience. So far, we only have 2 games for the Kinect, and I'm already hooked. The two games that I have are Kinect Adventures and Dance Central. But I'm not going to do a review on Dance Central. Well, not yet. But before I get into Kinect Adventure, let me start with explaining why I didn't get this device in the first place, and then I will get to discussing the Kinect. The reason for why I didn't think that I would start playing with the Kinect right now was because there was no available room to play it. According to the box, it says that I need 6 ft. of free space to play it. I never had 6 ft. of free space before. My room before was the size of a jail cell, and now I have a room that is doubled the size. That still wasn't enough, due to the limited amount of space that I could make. Not even the TV room was of any help for me. After looking at the poor design flaws of my house, I thought that this would never worked, and I stopped thinking about getting it. That was until my sister just recently reorganized her bedroom, and now she has more space than I can ever imagine. Although, it's only enough room for one person to play. But it's still worth it. And that's right, I'm playing the Kinect in a girls room. As we all know, every good device that is playable for any system comes with a game. When I say every good device with a game, I meant everything, but Rob the robot and its two cheap games that was the only two games that were hardly functional for the NES. This one did come with Kinect Adventures, and its a lot of fun. But, the device first. I was using the Kinect by using the main menu, just to get the feel of it. I have to admit, it is very unique, and it makes using the menu screen much easier to use with using your bare hands without using the controllers. You can also use the microphones that is attached to the Kinect to interact with the console. I'm not too sure how much you can use it with, because I didn't use then mic too much. But it does work. The way how you set this up is you use the controller to select the Kinect mode, and the camera looks up and down to get a full scan of yourself. Creepy. You have to wave your hands to get a signal first, then you have to have your face being scanned. Like I said, creepy. And there you go. You are ready to play with the Kinect. My score for the Kinect: 5/5 My review on Kinect Adventures, next time. Right now, I'm trying out all of the mini games on Kinect Adventures. I promise you that is coming up.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)