Login

KJV the only way

jeremy1993

14 year(s) ago

alot of churchs in town where I live believe the KJV is the only translation that is good and I was wondering what you guys think about this I have a friend that thinks like that and what they say is its the best translated version of the bible. But the KJV is like the modern day NIV, it was written for the people to understand the bible better I dont think its the best translated virsion in modern day for a few reasons When it was written they didnt have as much of the bible in the language it was written in as we do now (greek and hebrew, I think there is one more but dont bank on it) Now we have stuff like the dead seas scrolls etc. We also understand languages better now God Bless Jeremy

MisterNathan

14 year(s) ago

The original NASB is the most accurate translation of the Bible, according to most scholars. I can personally think of a couple errors in the KJV off the top of my head.

MisterNathan

14 year(s) ago

[b]jeremy1993 wrote:[/b] [quote]When it was written they didnt have as much of the bible in the language it was written in as we do now (greek and hebrew, I think there is one more but dont bank on it) Now we have stuff like the dead seas scrolls etc.[/quote] While you are correct about not having the Dead Sea Scrolls for the original translation and publication of the KJV, it [i]was[/i] translated from the Greek, Hebrew, Aramaic, and Latin.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)