Login

Learn from my mistakes:

THeMadHatter

11 year(s) ago

If you wear a skirt by a lake in mosquito season... you're gonna have a bad time. In trying to look like a lady, you will lose the ability to act like one for the next few days. WEAR. PANTS.

keyseya

11 year(s) ago

Love this! Though I totally feel your pain.. One time a couple of summers ago Logan and I went swimming and were sitting in our togs afterwards. Mosquitos LOVE me, right? I managed to get over 50 on my legs alone, not counting the ones on my arms, chest and pretty much anywhere that had uncovered skin. Logan on the other hand got like 3 in total. I felt like I had chicken pox! :(

Confederate

11 year(s) ago

Suffolk is on Virginia's Coastal Plain in what's called Tidewater Virginia. There's also The Peninsula and Northern Neck. We lived in a very small rental house on an estate on the Nasamond River between 1979-1982. A marshy area was right across the river from us, so you can imagine the skeeter breeding ground there. We'd have regular skeeters in summer. One summer, we had salt water skeeters. I had to wear long pants that summer instead of shorts!

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)