Login

Love From God?

Recruit

16 year(s) ago

In 1 John 4:7-8 says, Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love. So as Christians, we love because Christ loved us and we know God. But what about the non-believers, what is their love. Is it a worldy love? Is their love not from God? I would like to know what you think about this?

YP-Heath

16 year(s) ago

I am really enjoying this particular forum, as I can see there have been many thoughts poured into this subject. I would like to add my own thoughts. First of all, scripture states that God is love. The two are interchangeable; you can't have one without the other. And scripture also gives us a full description of what exactly love entails. 1 Cor. 13:4-13 4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 12 Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. 13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. This is awesome, because it gives us such a wonderful glimpse into who God is and who He is molding me into. I have been a follower of Christ for many years, and still do not consider myself to be a great example of love, for I am often rude, self-seeking, angered, grieved, etc. However, I am sanctified, given a NEW heart made of flesh instead of stone, and am being constantly renewed by the Holy Spirit. It is God's grace that continually and daily changes me to become more like Him and less like me. Now, concerning non-Christians. Do they love with a worldly love? It is a childish love, a love that has expectations, limitations, imperfections, polutions...it is blind, wild, and self-serving, even in its purest forms, continually desiring its own way. But, then along comes perfection...Jesus Christ. Childish love is replaced by mature love...agape love... a patient, kind, humble, pure love. I am no longer the master. I long to love God with all my heart, mind, soul and strength and consider others better than myself. This is true love.

Post edited by: YP_Heath, at: 2008/05/20 16:18

happyhates

16 year(s) ago

[b]Recruit wrote:[/b] [quote]In 1 John 4:7-8 says, Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love. So as Christians, we love because Christ loved us and we know God. But what about the non-believers, what is their love. Is it a worldy love? Is their love not from God? I would like to know what you think about this?[/quote] I think that it means like your love isnt really mean anything, i mean havent you seem those celeberaties who are getting married one week and divorced the next?I think it means to know God as reading the Bible and knowing Him so you can share His love with everyone, not worldly love, i mean if you get a puppy and if he dies the next year, your not generally going to hurt for that puppies death forever, idk :S

happyhates

16 year(s) ago

[b]Recruit wrote:[/b] [quote]In 1 John 4:7-8 says, Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love. So as Christians, we love because Christ loved us and we know God. But what about the non-believers, what is their love. Is it a worldy love? Is their love not from God? I would like to know what you think about this?[/quote] Sratch what i wrote before, love from God is love of people, not like kisssy kissy but wanting them all in the kingdom of heven

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)