Login

Makeup.

NinjaUnicorn

13 year(s) ago

Just throwing out a thought that I had today. I really, [i]really[/i] don't like the concept of makeup the way most women use it. I'm not comfortable with the idea of making it a daily ritual to get out of bed and put on my face. Therefore, I have never worn makeup. Never been interested. Don't like the stuff. However, today, I was reading [url=www.doedeereblogazine.com]a blogazine[/url] from this makeup artist that I adore, Doe Deere. I see her, and I think "Wow. Her makeup is kind of an art, and I like that." It's a weird thought for me to have because I've been SO, SO against makeup for so long. I've checked out a few other women who use makeup as an art, rather than just a daily ritual for "covering up blemishes and whatnot". I like it. *shrug* I think that, when done right and not too often, it can be really cool. Kind of like using your body as a personal canvas. Kind of like painting. I wanted to know y'all's thoughts on it. I know some of you are the same as me and think "Ick... makeup." So, I want to hear opinions. Does what I'm trying to say about makeup being an art rather than a ritual make sense, and how do you feel about it?

leslienatalie

13 year(s) ago

A lot of pre-teens and younger teens wear makeup to feel older, impress boys, impress their friends and what-not... A lot of older teens wear makeup to cover up blemishes and such, and at the same time make themselves look "more beautiful." And older women wear makeup to cover up blemishes and wrinkles, and to look "younger" ..But on top of all of that, I think that a lot of gals wear makeup because it's the "normal" thing to do... EVERYONE does it, right?? Haha, well I myself am not a very big makeup fan, but I do wear a little mascara, eyeliner, and bronzer, and on special occations I will wear some other stuff... But about the art thing, I know what you're talking about, because, I was looking at some photography the other day, and there was a close up picture of a girl, and the way that her eye-makeup looked was so incredible!! It looked more like art than makeup! It's was beautiful! And I think that in general, we can think of makeup as art.. Each artists makes their own beautiful works of art on a canvas... if you think of your face as a canvas, then I guess it could be called art! haha. You make it your own.. Some painting may have a little paint.. some may have a lot.. (Just dont over do it! haha) I'm not sure if that last part made sense.. haha. Sorry, i'm tired... And it's not weird for you not to want to wear makeup... a lot of girls feel that way.. its just their personality... :)

Owlright

13 year(s) ago

I'm not really "ick...makeup" so much as "Makeup...why bother?" It adds extra time to my routine for a result that doesn't really add too much to my general appearance, at least in as much as I use it. When I wear makeup it's generally in a way that makes it look like I'm not wearing any, and so kind of defeats the purpose. I'll wear a tinted moisturizer every now and again and I'll wear eyeliner to help my eyes stand out instead of being hidden behind my glasses, but that's it unless I have to go to a big thing. It just doesn't appeal much for me on a day to day level. It rubs off and irritates my skin and gets smudged and clogs my pores and is generally just a hassle I'd rather avoid. I [i]do[/i] like the idea of makeup as art and/or when used to recreate a certain kind of look, but those aren't everyday sort of things. Sort of how I like some tattoos that truly strike me as works of art, but I don't like most tattoos and certainly not when people just get little dinky or generic ones just to have one.

keyseya

13 year(s) ago

QFT Courtney!

Cowgurl4JC

13 year(s) ago

QFT Courtney! I'm more of a "Makeup...why bother?" Mostly cause I don't have TIME for makeup and usually the only places I go out to are the barn where I work and then where my horses are boarded at. Really not much point in it. Plus most of it, like Courtney, clogs my pores and makes me break out even worse than before. Heck, I can't even wear freaking perfume around my face cause my face will get oilier and my acne acts up the day after. Though I with pretty much everyone here who says that I LOVE the idea of make-up being used as art. Kayla, I clicked the link and stayed on the site for about a couple hours, exploring the whole site. It was pretty awesome.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)