Login

My Book

Anko

17 year(s) ago

Alright, I replied in a forum named 'Ok, here's the thing'. So it made me think about the book I'm writing because he's writing one, too. I am a big anime fan, so I write books and draw anime characters for them. One day I wish they would get published and become animated TV shows/movies and maybe even video games. Right now I am writing a book about ninjas. They are attacked by a sea serpant while in a boat, and 4 of the main characters are friends and are separated. They are given powers and the don't know how and why, but they soon find each other and seek revenge on the serpent. These 4 main characters, 3 boys and 1 girl...1 of the boys is like a silent but caring guy, one of the others is like a carefree goofball, the other is the oldest guy who is almost always calm, is smart, and caring. The girl is like a sweet girl who sometimes easily gets mad at the carefree guy. They are all teenagers. So, what do you think about it? Is it a good story line and do you think the 4 main characters are good? Please be honest, because I will not mind anyone's opinion.

MisterNathan

17 year(s) ago

My suggestion would be to find something to embellish the story so that it stands out. Some major (and by major, I mean MAJOR) plot twist or something that would hook someone without them thinking "Oh, it's just another hero/anime fiction...how boring." I'm not saying that your story is/will be boring, but something that many authors neglect to do is make their stories stand out.

Anko

17 year(s) ago

Well, it's not like they just get separated, get powers, and simply walk up to the serpant and attack him because they're seeking revenge on it. One of the ninjas, the silent one, is the one mostly seeking revenge. So on their way trying to find the serpent, they find new ninjas and other ninjas they've known. Things like that. They get into these big fights that are long and sometimes dramatic, stuff like that. There's always something new, the characters have interesting personalities (I think), and there are places like the Spirit World and stuff. (I know, there are tons of books and shows and stuff like that have the "spirit world", but this is different) Anyway, It's just not that simple. Of course I have to think of ideas in order to make it interesting and not make the reader think, "Oh, this is boring." There have to be exciting details in it, and stuff like that. You probably might just be thinking that because you haven't heard all the stuff that's going on with it, but that's because I don't want to ruin it for anyone. I thank you for the advice, though, and it's your opinion, so I'm not against it. I don't mind hearing what people have to say about it, even if it's something I don't want to hear. It's always nice to have people say their own opinion and sometimes even give advice. I learn more that way. Thanks again!

MisterNathan

17 year(s) ago

[b]Anko wrote:[/b] [quote]Well, it's not like they just get separated, get powers, and simply walk up to the serpant and attack him because they're seeking revenge on it. One of the ninjas, the silent one, is the one mostly seeking revenge. So on their way trying to find the serpent, they find new ninjas and other ninjas they've known. Things like that. They get into these big fights that are long and sometimes dramatic, stuff like that. There's always something new, the characters have interesting personalities (I think), and there are places like the Spirit World and stuff. (I know, there are tons of books and shows and stuff like that have the "spirit world", but this is different) Anyway, It's just not that simple. Of course I have to think of ideas in order to make it interesting and not make the reader think, "Oh, this is boring." There have to be exciting details in it, and stuff like that. You probably might just be thinking that because you haven't heard all the stuff that's going on with it, but that's because I don't want to ruin it for anyone. I thank you for the advice, though, and it's your opinion, so I'm not against it. I don't mind hearing what people have to say about it, even if it's something I don't want to hear. It's always nice to have people say their own opinion and sometimes even give advice. I learn more that way. Thanks again![/quote] Sorry if it sounded like I was being mean or anything, I really didn't mean anything. I want to try to help you succeed. I've studied the process of writing "good" books and read many tips from other authors. I even started writing what I hoped to one day get published...but stopped at 103 pages (not double-spaced, size 10 pt Times New Roman). Now, the thing about me not thinking it's that great because I haven't heard all the stuff that's going on with it...the potential buyers of the book won't know everything that's going on, either. That was my point. I'm just saying there's gotta be something eye-catching to make the book stand out from all the other anime/action/adventure book out there in order to make the book successful.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)