Login

My friend\'s... I don\'t know what he is.

Bittersweet

16 year(s) ago

Over the summer, I lost one of my best friends. Who is a guy. During that time, he and his girlfriend (one of my other best friends) broke up due to the fact that their long-distance relationship wasn't working. Anyways, my guy friend started hanging out with another girl at my youth group, and has eventually come to treat me as nothing more than a shadow on the wall. I was fine with this, I have prayed that he would get more friends, and now he has. But, then things started getting sticky. He started acting more friendly with her. They'd put their arms around each others' necks, and walk arm in arm. Something he never did with his old girlfriend. I didn't understand. I thought he was waiting for his girlfriend to come home. I thought he loved his girlfriend. Then, just last night, his ex called him during worship practice. His new friend asked, "Is it (ex's name)?" And when he said yes, she laughed and went "Yes!" They started laughing together. It broke my heart. All I could think was, "How can you laugh at her, (guy's name), I thought you loved her!" And almost cried. Later that night at youth group, she called again. His friend jumped and said, "I wanna answer it!" I felt so sick. But I was grateful the youth pastor told her to sit down. But it hurt so bad to know that my friend would subject a girl I thought he'd loved to something like this. That he'd hurt her like this. I don't know what to do, I can't bear to tell my friend what happened, because she finally got over the break-up, and I don't want to hurt her again. But I can't just stand back and let my other friend act this way. Can someone please help me?

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)