Login

My New Book

javie

14 year(s) ago

I'm now working on writing my own book. I'm also trying to get a title for it on the meantime, and so far, all I got is Little Town on the Desert. Its about this young man who is out to find a new job, and finds this lost town in a desert that is deserted from the rest of the United States. I'm still writing the story to it, and so far, all I got is the first chapter of my book. Enjoy!

javie

14 year(s) ago

Chapter One: The Forgotten Town There is a land that was once use to be known as the crown jewel in the unknown desert in Southern California that was not too far from the border of Nevada. It was very popular, until Las Vegas was turned into Sin City. This land was known for high real estate, oil, merchandising, and its choco trees. It was rich with wine, strong with gun owners, and lived like there was a party in everyone's houses. Now, the town is practically empty. Hardly anyone knows of it. People from the outside have no clue at all that it exists. Its so quiet, that not even the state governor knows about. Rumor has it that its not even part of the U.S., but its own country. No information comes out of it, but people do receive news from the inside. No one knows what happened to the place, and not even the history books ever tell about the place. This place is called Dunsville. There is a young man, who is 20 years old in the year 2010, who's name is Jerry. Jerry lives all on his own, traveling out of Las Vegas, and into Los Angeles, to see if he can live in Los Angeles and get a job over there. He hitch-hikes somewhere on the 15 Freeway during the night, until he then notices something that looks very unusual. He looks on the gravel, and notices a concrete path that was covered on dust, that was covered on gravel. He then starts kneeling on the ground, dusting on the ground to see where it leads to. The path looks wide enough for two lanes, and is in bad shape. He then finds telephone poles that were knocked down and the wires on the road too. He grabs the wires by using his trench coat, just to keep him safe. He goes on for hours, and hours, and hours. The large backpack on his back is starting to mess up his back, and rests for an hour. The sun is starts rising. Jerry now sees the location. He's getting closer to the town he is seeing. He finds a sign that was laid on the grown, that entitles “Welcome to Dunsville! Where The Desert Becomes Into Paradise!� There's a picture that looks like it was burnt, and it appears that it was shot by a tank. He starts by entering into the city, that has a huge wall of trees, surrounding the town. There were also bushes covering the town, so no one can see it. He finally reaches the borderline, walks through the trees, and enters into Dunsville. Jerry walks into Dunsville, and sees that no one is in town. “Hello!� He shouts. “Is there anyone here?� No one seems to be around. The town is nothing more, but a ghost town. Its quiet, and eerie. There are streets, which means that there has to be cars. But not one was to be found. But he does find a market, that is called “Dunsville Super Market.� Jerry walks in to see if anyone is in there. He searches the market, and finds so much food. He grabs an apple, and Jerry loves apples. He says he eats them like they are cigarrets to him. He grabs the apple, and all of a sudden, a gun triggers on the back of his head. “Put the apple down! Place your hands on the back of your head!� Jerry then sees a multitude of people surround him, running into the market with guns. The super market manager leads to the sheriff of the town, along with other people who tags along. As he is walking, he now sees people walking out of buildings, stores, apartments, and homes, with just about every citizen armed with weapons. All, but the children under the age of 13. He then enters into the police station, and meets the sheriff. The sheriff's name tag says “Cunningham.� He looked pretty young for a sheriff, somewhere in his late 20's. He has his hair slick back, with a thick mustache on his face, and wore aviator glasses. He dismisses the market manager, and says “It's alright. You can let him go. We got this taken care of.� Jerry sits down on a chair that was in front of the sheriff's desk, and sees pictures of the town's foundation when it was first built. “What's your name?� Says sheriff Cunningham. “Jerry Peterson.� “Jerry. Nice to meet you. Welcome to Dunsville. I know you had an inconvenient welcome here, and I will exlpain to you in a minute. Before I get to that, let me ask you the first question. How did you hear about this town and how to get here?� “I didn't. I was walking from Las Vegas on the 15 Freeeway on my own just to get to Los Angeles, to find a job and start a new life over there to get away from my family. I just found a road that was hidden underneath so much dirt, and I wondered where it lead to. And here I am.� “So you came on your own. No one else?� “No. Only me.� Sheriff Cunningham smiled, then stand up, and said to Jerry “Come, lets take a walk outside in our town here in Dunsville, just to get you to know this place.� Jerry felt just out of place, but at the same time, he shrugged his shoulders, felt okay with it, and went with the flow, saying “Might as well.�

javie

14 year(s) ago

So, what do you guys think about it?

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)