Login

Ohhh Boy this chicks NERVOUS!!!

raykenzie

13 year(s) ago

This year my middle school is having a Homecoming Dance . My boyfriend finally asked me to go with him and so on so forth. Well my friends and our dates are all meeting up at a local resturaunt . Im sooooo nervous!!!! what if i have to go to the bathroom or start to eat like a pig!!! I would be so embarassed if something horrible happened like I burped or something!:unsure: HELP ME!!!!

Twig401

13 year(s) ago

Number one: If you have to go to the bathroom, then go. Everyone goes. Just take a girl with you or something. (: Number two: Just be yourself! Take some deep breaths during dinner, and chill. Everything will work out fine. Number three: Eat with manners. Like, for example, if you get food on your face then you use a napkin, not your hand. Everything will be fine, don't trip. (:

THeMadHatter

13 year(s) ago

Dude. Those are ALL irrational fears. I suggest you read a book. Specifically one that's called "Everybody Poops." Yep, that same one that we read in kindergarten. Everyone has to go at some time, your body is going to make sure of that, so just knock it out of your mind. They aren't going to make fun of you at all for it. Same with burping or sneezing, or having a runny nose or something. It's going to happen, and its going to happen to everyone. You can burp and still be polite, you know. cover your mouth with your napkin, and don't belch. BIG difference between burp and belch. Second, eat like a pig? Like, stick your nose in it, roll it around with your face while blowing snot bubbles in it? THAT is eating like a pig. You can eat like a human all you want. If you're really afraid of being judged for your eating, then order something like chicken strips instead of the steak. I don't suggest just ordering a salad though, to be honest. One, you're going to feel dizzy and starving at the dance, which IS in fact a physical activity that will hurt you if your blood sugar isn't where it needs to be. That, and as my camp always used to say: you're not a freakin rabbit. Don't act like one. You'll honestly get more judgment from acting like you're scared of everything and everyone there rather than if you just sit back, relax, and be treated like a princess for the night. Eat, Dance, Enjoy. That's one night of your life that is about YOU. Don't miss it because you hid from it. Here's another thing: Lets list the people that you did, shall we? My Boyfriend My Friends OUR Dates You know these people. You love these people. Why are you so very afraid of those whom you are around every day? You're not afraid of yourself any other day around them, so what makes this so much different? Why would they suddenly turn into judging drama queens who don't know you already?

NinjaUnicorn

13 year(s) ago

What ^Chelsea said. Seriously, it's not that big of a deal. You've gotta let yourself be comfortable around these people. They won't judge you.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)