Login

Oi! People who keep asking for good books to read!

larry229

15 year(s) ago

Read Ted Dekker's work, starting with the Circle Trilogy. All of it! The man's a genius! Read Frank Peretti's work, all of it, even the kids books. Awesomeness on paper. Read Angela Hunt's work, she's pretty awesome. I liked Unspoken and The Novelist a whole lot. The Left Behind series by Tim LaHaye and Jerry B Jenkins was pretty good and will entertain you for many hours. It should, there's twelve books plus two prequels and a sequel. And if you're really bored, there's about 50 books in the kid's version of the series. There was this one book I read once, called Ice. I think it was by Roger Elwood? If you can find it, read it. I read it once and have been trying to find it again ever since. Lots of Roger Elwood's books were good actually. Find Road to Masada if you can. Buck and Bodie Theone are awesome. Find, read. If you've got guts, patience, and lots of time, try some Dickens. Hard work, but fairly worthwhile. A Tale of Two Cities is his best, imo. John Bunyan was a very cool guy. Pilgrim's Progress is hard work but very worth it, and The Holy War was very good and also waaay easier to read. Try some Mark Twain. Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn are good friends, and The Prince and the Pauper was great. L.M. Montgomery= win. Anne Shirley is one of the most loveable characters ever created. If you haven't met her yet, you should. Start with Anne of Green Gables. Laura Ingalls Wilder, you guys are (mostly) Americans for heaven's sake! You should all know her story! Those books were great. Little House ftw. Yeah.. I'm done for now. There are hundreds more but I can't be bothered and someone mentioned cake. Feel free to add to the list ^_^

Link0104

15 year(s) ago

T.A. Barron-Pretty much anything by him, specifically the "Lost Years of Merlin" saga... Brian "Head" Welch-"Save Me From Myself" (he was the former lead guitarist of Korn and he talks about how he quit the band, kicked drugs and found God...it contains a bit of profanity, though) Charles Higson-The Young Bond series (stories about James Bond before he was 007 aka: amazing) Eoin Colfer-The Artemis Fowl series Stephen R. Lawhead-The King Raven series (it's about Robin Hood) Jordan Sonnenblick-"Drums, Girls, and Dangerous Pie"...it's funny. That's all I can say without ruining it. It's a really touching story.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)