Login

Okay so hopefully this will help wake things up

Freakyone

11 year(s) ago

My brother married a girl last year and they're great for each other and blah blah blah. But I just can't stand her! If we spend more than 3 hours together a week I'm about ready to scream! It's not that she is a bad person it's the little things that add up. I don't like her laugh or the fact that she laughs all the time, like after anything she says even when it is not even slightly funny. And her life was so beyond boring but she talks about it like it was so interesting and so unique and just GAH! I really need some tips on how to coup with her cause my brother was my best friend. I think that has a lot to do with the problem, me and nick did everything together and now we do nothing or if we do do something she is there and it kind of ruins it cause she is anything but funny and it is so annoying and doesn't have the same taste in anything as us. She can't cook but she talks like she can. Her taste in fashion is that of an old woman or a 5 year-old no middle ground. And thanks to the fact that my birthday is the week before Christmas she drags him up to New York and well he hasn't been here for my birthday in 3 years because of school and her. I had it all planned out we were going to go the hobbit premier which was just a couple days before my 18th birthday but nope he had to go the NY. And there have just been so many things that we would have done but she doesn't want to so we don't. So have any of you girl gone through anything like this? Any idea of how I should deal with it or ways to just get over it. I really want to like her, I want to be friends with her and I am kind to her and do things with her but its just so hard. Sorry about any grammar errors.

Chatmom

11 year(s) ago

First off, tell us the things that you like about her. I've been in your situation except mine was mother-in-law/daughter-in-law. Just something was off with her and it got to the point she finally made sure I NEVER saw him. Whatever you do, make sure this doesn't happen! I hope we can all give you some strong advice!

Freakyone

11 year(s) ago

thank you :) I knew someone else out there had to have a similar situation. Yeah I would hate to loose contact with him. I like that she makes my brother happy. She is really sweet and has good taste in music as well. She is very hospitable as well and can sew so we get along in that way most of the time.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)