Login

Ooh! Another girly discussion!

NinjaUnicorn

13 year(s) ago

I keep posting threads. I'm on fire lately. So, here's the deal. I love skinny jeans. They fit me best out of all jean cuts and I like the way they look. I only have this one little issue with them - my panties like to ride up over them when I pull them on. It's a hassle and it looks tacky when I have to shove my underwear back down into my jeans because they're being an absolute pain. Over Christmas break, I was sitting in my room, contemplating my skinny jean problem when I thought, "OOH! Idea! Thongs." Then it was kind of like, "Ew... Idea... thongs. o.O" I found two on clearance and bought them because I thought if they fixed it, then hoorah, but if I hated them, I could just trash 'em. Dad was doing the laundry the other day and pulled out one of my undergarments. He had a hissy fit with Mother because he says I don't need to be wearing things like that. Mom took my side. I checked with her before I bought them just to make sure she wasn't against them. She understood my reasoning, and it made sense. To Dad, the fact that I need them to wear under skinny jeans does not make sense. Apparently males don't really care if their underwear jerks up and hangs over the top of their jeans and looks tacky. *shrug* This is my argument: I don't see what's wrong with them. Yeah, some girls wear them to look trashy and get attention. However, *I* am using them for a good cause. I'M DOING IT FOR THE SKINNY JEANS, MAN. I'm the only one that's going to see them, other than the girls that happen to be in the locker room whenever I change, and I really don't see that being an issue at all. How do you ladies feel about it? I know it's a weird question, but I just wanted to make sure I'm not being some sort of rebellious harlot because of my underwear. :P

Owlright

13 year(s) ago

lol no, of course not. That seems like a perfectly sensible reason to me to wear them. If something like that can serve a function I say there's nothing inherently wrong about it. It's like complaining that a tank top is cut too low if all you're going to do is wear it under another t-shirt. Clearly the fact that it's too low is a non-issue at that point.

RainOnYourParade

13 year(s) ago

I'm with ya on this one. I think thongs are completely okay if you're wearing them for the right reasons. I've seen people post pictures on facebook of their 'cute new thongs', and it's just gross...but I wear them for the same reason you do. I think they're less worrisome, and much more comfortable to boot!

Freakyone

13 year(s) ago

sorry but this is what I thought of when I read this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xv7REV2HEY&feature=player_embedded XD but no I don't think there is anything wrong about it, your the only one who will see it so no big deal.

keyseya

13 year(s) ago

Great link! Haven't seen that in ages, so funny! Yeah, I wear camisoles under most of my shirts too but because they're lower and I don't want everyone to see my chest.

NinjaUnicorn

13 year(s) ago

He was [i]doing[/i] the laundry. He gets in these helpful moods where he'll do everyone's laundry, even mine. He happened to find one while folding, and he knew it wasn't something mother would prefer to wear.

KattyKit

13 year(s) ago

Y'know.... I'm kinda glad my dad doesn't touch anyone else's laundry. I have some shirts that, nevermind if I wear a tank under them, he'd go ballistic over.

larry229

13 year(s) ago

*snigger* I have a funny story about dads in the laundry and finding thongs. I personally hate them. Butt floss. They're ridiculously uncomfortable, it's like a permanent wedgie. But hey, if you like em then whatever, you know? I usually wear long tops or tank tops and nearly always skinny jeans because I like 'em and also they're pretty much the only kind you can buy here. Also. Superman undies ftw. True story, I'm wearing them right now. TMI, I know, but they're [i]SUPERMAN[/i]! Edit: I tried to find you a picture, but mostly all the superman undies on google had guys in them. I suggest you don't look :blush:

keyseya

13 year(s) ago

[b]larry229 wrote:[/b] [quote]Edit: I tried to find you a picture, but mostly all the superman undies on google had guys in them. I suggest you don't look :blush:[/quote] That's so funny! Reminds me of undie shopping with Jacob, Nathan and Logan... :pinch:

KattyKit

13 year(s) ago

Ohh... Do tell. I don't like the thought of thongs. I've got bikini cut that hit lower than most bikini cuts do. So, I don't have ride ups.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)