Login

Paul did NOT think Christ was coming in his day

Phil777

17 year(s) ago

This post is inspired by something which ive heard taught throughout Christian circles over the past 7 years ive been a Christian. That is the idea that Paul thought that Christ was coming in his lifetime. This idea is NEVER, EVER TAUGHT or SUPPORTED in scripture, again its just something Christians say, and it becomes a church saying, and people believe it and it gains momentum and before you know it, people no longer care if the bible says the opposite, they just like to believe that Paul thought Christ was coming back in his life time, cause it helps support their theory’s on the rapture or evangelism of the world or whatever. I am about to blow this idea out of the water and may it be a blessing to those who will see clearly for the first time from the following scriptures that Paul prophesied about his OWN DEATH!!! And because He openly told the people he was going to die – he clearly NEVER THOUGHT Christ was coming back in his life time. Everything in his letters shows it, but ill just point out some of the clearer ones for you folk. Acts 20:28-31 28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood. 29 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock. 30 Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them. 31 Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears. In v 29 ‘after his departure’ means AFTER HIS DEATH!! (if you don’t believe me on this, then any bible scholar will confirm that’s what he is talking about). This is confirmed when he again mentions his “departure” in 2 Timothy 4:6-7 where he makes its clear its his death. Now think about it guys – if Paul was CONSTANTLY reminding the church that his death was coming (as did peter about his own death in 2 peter 1:14) - if they were constantly telling their churches that they were going to die – then how the HECK can Christians stand up and claim that Paul or even peter thought Christ was coming back in their life time???!?! Paul was ready to die in Acts 21:13. Paul never indicated that he thought Christ was coming back in his life time – so much of Paul’s prophecies were about what would come after his ministry, but before Christ return. Paul knew and understood the Mystery of God and how all the relevant prophecies throughout the bible needed to be fulfilled before Christ would come and Paul knew it wasn't going to happen in his life. Paul foresaw his own death and prophesied it to the people – its SOOO clear that Paul didn’t think or believe or teach Christ was coming back in his life time! Just read it below in timothy! 2 Timothy 4 6 For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand. 7 I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: 8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing. It speaks for itself. Bless you for reading this study Phil =)

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)