Login

Play Problem

TheRuby

16 year(s) ago

Ok, I'm in our school play. We're doing the Christmas Carol. I'm Playing the bestfriend of Fred, Nephew of Ebeneezer Scrooge. So when The Ghost of Christmas present comes to scrooge and shows him the party he's missing is when im on the stage. When I'm on stage i have to flirt with this girl and eventually kiss her twice. This girl is a nice and kind girl. I like her, not like a girl friend or anything but shes a cool person and i have no problem with this. but she does. She doesnt really like me. and shes never kissed anyone before. and honestly if i was in her position i wouldnt want me to be my first kiss either. but yeah i feel bad for her what should i do or say to her to make her feel better. should i give up my spot in the play or something (this is my first real speaking part in a play.) I mean i dont want to ruin that whole part of her relationships. Thanks for your help. -TheRuby

Bittersweet

16 year(s) ago

Well, during rehearsal, you aren't suppose to actually kiss her! You can just pretend (stage kiss) and let that be that. But once you actually perform in front of an audience, this girl is gonna have to suck it up, or one of you may have to quit. It's possible you can talk to the director about doing a stage kiss during the performance, but if this girl just doesn't want to be kissed, she may have to drop out. I dunno. I hope this helps some.

joe-jonas-lover

16 year(s) ago

I wouldn't want my first kiss to be on a play, but if I wanted to get far with my job, or even in life, I would suck it up, or drop out, I don't I would mind as much if my Dad wasn't out there :blush:! But, its a fact of life, want to getfar, give up things, or quit, or even talk about changing the part, hope it help a little! Sorry!

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)