Login

Post here when you watch a movie and talk about it

BrotherReed

17 year(s) ago

The last movie I watched was Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III. I know, I know. Some friends of mine were watching the series one movie a night for three nights. Number 3 is unfortunately the least of the three films. The turtles don't look quite as cool or even as convincing. Raphael and especially Spinter's voices don't sound the same. At least Paige Turco returns as April O'Neill but she ends up overacting in some scenes, and by the very nature of the plot, seems a bit out of place. Of course, that is the point. In this film the turtles and April travel to feudal Japan by way of a magical scepter and wind up right in the middle of a war between the corrupt lord and a village of freedom fighters. What's worse is that Lord Norinaga's son is romantically attached the leader of the rebellion. Apparently legends tell of demons (who look strangely like humanoid reptiles) that will come to overthrow the kingdom's crooked leaders and restore peace. The movie is at least interesting. Casey Jones is stuck in New York with the four samurai who arrived in the turtles' places which results in some comic moments. Most interesting is the development of Michaelangelo and Raphael. It's really Mike's movie in a way. He's the one who is taken with Mitsu, the honorable female warrior. Then we get hot-headed Raph befriending a village boy and counseling him to control his temper. It's a pretty good film, but definitely a bit of a letdown after the raucus party that the second movie was.

screams

17 year(s) ago

tmnt is awesome, even when it sucks, because it is tmnt. the new movie will potentially be very awesome.

BrotherReed

17 year(s) ago

Alright, tonight we watched Wayne's World. Oddly enough I had never seen it before. After the first few minutes I was convinced it would be dumb but never truly funny. Thankfully, I was wrong. It stayed dumb of course, but there were also some very clever scenes and some hilarious dialog. It turned out to be much better than I expected. "Well, don't you want to open your present?" "If it's a severed head I'm going to be very upset" "Open it." "What is it?" "It's a gun rack." "A gun rack... a gun rack. I don't even own A gun, let alone many guns that would necessitate an entire rack." So began the funnies. Good times.

screams

17 year(s) ago

i love that movie. it's one of my favorite comedies.

rockin-chix

17 year(s) ago

teenage ninjia mutant turtles tock!!:cheer: i watch the cartoon version sumtimes!

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)