Login

Recommend love songs

BrotherReed

13 year(s) ago

No, I'm not in love. But I have a playlist of breakup songs so I thought it was only fair to have a playlist of love songs as well. If I have the song I'll add it to my list. I have mostly Christian rock music so focus on that if you can. Go go go.

Owlright

13 year(s) ago

Man what. I have like a bajillion and a half love songs but almost none are Christian. Oh well I shall recommend the few I can think of. The Beginning (A Simple Seed) by [i]The Classic Crime[/i] (Idk if you'd call this a love song per se but he sure seems to love his lady in this song and that's how I listen to it.) The First Time by [i]Family Force Five[/i] Moment of Truth by [i]FM Static[/i]

BrotherReed

13 year(s) ago

[b]Owlright wrote:[/b] [quote]Man what. I have like a bajillion and a half love songs but almost none are Christian. Oh well I shall recommend the few I can think of. The Beginning (A Simple Seed) by [i]The Classic Crime[/i] (Idk if you'd call this a love song per se but he sure seems to love his lady in this song and that's how I listen to it.) The First Time by [i]Family Force Five[/i] Moment of Truth by [i]FM Static[/i][/quote] Okay, I'm getting off topic already (MyPraize lol) but I LOVE The Beginning by by The Classic Crime - but I have to be careful when I listen to it because there are almost sure to be tears. Oddly enough I have this song on my breakup playlist because of the refrain at the end ( "I let her go..." ). That whole album though is very special to me. And you can recommend some songs by non Christian bands, it's just less likely that I'll have them on my computer. I don't have the FF5 or FM Static ones either, so...

serfofChrist92

13 year(s) ago

Chris Rice's Amusing album has some decent love songs. Stephen Curtis Chapman (All About Love Album especially) and MWS both have some good love songs. Relient K has a plethora of girlfriend songs. Owl City - Saltwater Room. Newsboys - Something Beautiful TobyMac - Wonderin' Stellar Kart - Wishes and Dreams Eleventyseven - Best I Can

MisterNathan

13 year(s) ago

Skillet and Anberlin both have a crap ton of love songs, so I'll forsake those from this list as there are so many. Who Is This by The Insyderz is supposed to be a song from us to God, but it doesn't have any lyrics that would confine it to that. Look Up by Bradley Hathaway is love songish. Forever by As I Lay Dying The Day Before You by Matthew West ...and that's all I got for the moment...

Owlright

13 year(s) ago

[quote] Okay, I'm getting off topic already (MyPraize lol) but I LOVE The Beginning by by The Classic Crime - but I have to be careful when I listen to it because there are almost sure to be tears. Oddly enough I have this song on my breakup playlist because of the refrain at the end ( "I let her go..." ). That whole album though is very special to me. And you can recommend some songs by non Christian bands, it's just less likely that I'll have them on my computer. I don't have the FF5 or FM Static ones either, so...[/quote] Yeah, I was kind of debating that one because of that line, but the song always struck me as temporary separation and longing to be together again, so it seemed kind of appropriate? Great album though, I love it to death. Hmm I kind of pegged you as having FM Static, idk why. Alright, uhm, odds are completely against you having any of the ones I suggest though if your music is mainly Christian rock, but Imma write down my personal love playlist and maybe you'll have one or two. [i]Take It From Me[/i] - [b]The Weepies[/b] [i]All I Want Is You[/i] - [b]Barry Louis Polisar[/b] [i]Give A Little Love[/i] - [b]Noah and the Whale[/b] [i]Falling Slowly[/i] - [b]Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova[/b] [i]Beloved One[/i] - [b]Ben Harper[/b] [i]Sea of Love[/i] - [b]Cat Power[/b] [i]5 Years Time[/i] - [b]Noah and the Whale[/b] [i]Can't Get You Out of My Mind[/i] - [b]Aqualung[/b] [i]You Are The Best Thing[/i] - [b] Ray LaMontagne[/b] [i]Somebody Loved[/i] - [b]The Weepies[/b] [i]Say Hello[/i] - [b]Rosie Thomas (feat. Sufjan Stevens)[/b] [i]Cosmic Love[/i] - [b]Florence and the Machine[/b] (some say it's actually depressing. I think it's sweet) [i]Let My Love Open The Door[/i] - [b]Sondre Lerche[/b] [i]You Make My Dreams[/i] - [b]Hall & Oates[/b] [i]Steady As We Go[/i] - [b]Dave Matthews Band[/b] [i]Your Song[/i] - [b]Elton John[/b] (the Moulin Rouge! version by Ewan McGregor is an acceptable substitute) As bonus tracks, I also usually throw in [i]Us[/i] by [b]Regina Spektor[/b] and [i]Starlight[/i] by [b]Muse[/b] in there sometimes. And...yep. That usually serves me well.

serfofChrist92

13 year(s) ago

Oh...almost forgot. Dancing in the Minefields by Andrew Peterson is a new personal favorite. He has a few other good love songs too.

gonewsboys

13 year(s) ago

[b]Owlright wrote:[/b] [quote]Regina Spektor[/quote] Regina Spektor FTW!!!!!!!

MisterNathan

13 year(s) ago

Snap, forgot about some good ol' Derek Webb. I Wanna Marry You All Over Again - Derek Webb Better Than Wine - Derek Webb I Hate Everything (But You) - Derek Webb Please, Before I Go - Derek Webb Finally, for something not by a Christian artist, Imma list a cover (because this is one of the rare occasions I prefer the cover to the original): I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing - Pomplamoose

MisterNathan

13 year(s) ago

[b]gonewsboys wrote:[/b] [quote]Regina Spektor FTW!!!!!!![/quote] Jim_Steele, you've gotten younger! :P

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)