Login

robotics anyone????

gonewsboys

16 year(s) ago

just out of curiosity i was wondering if there are any other people who do programming for robots and the like here on mypraize. or just anyone who does robotics/anything with robots

serfofChrist92

16 year(s) ago

What type of robots? I was on a lego robotics team for three years, if that's what you're talking about.

MisterNathan

16 year(s) ago

[b]serfofChrist92 wrote:[/b] [quote]What type of robots? I was on a lego robotics team for three years, if that's what you're talking about.[/quote] *sigh* I miss those days.

serfofChrist92

16 year(s) ago

Aye, tambien.

gonewsboys

16 year(s) ago

[b]serfofChrist92 wrote:[/b] [quote]What type of robots? I was on a lego robotics team for three years, if that's what you're talking about.[/quote] actually i was going for this group where you build a robot and have a competition http://www.usfirst.org/?gclid=CKbU0LeaqZQCFRMYagodGCtZtg

serfofChrist92

15 year(s) ago

[b]gonewsboys wrote:[/b] [quote][b]serfofChrist92 wrote:[/b] [quote]What type of robots? I was on a lego robotics team for three years, if that's what you're talking about.[/quote] actually i was going for this group where you build a robot and have a competition http://www.usfirst.org/?gclid=CKbU0LeaqZQCFRMYagodGCtZtg[/quote] This is incredibly old, but I never saw your reply. That is what I was talking about. FIRST (For the Inspiration of Science and Technology) lego robotics. Our first year we got 6th overall in the MD state tournament (No-limits theme)...second year we got 2nd place robot design at the Carnegie Mellon tournament in Pittsburgh (Ocean Odyssey), and then our last year (Nanotechnology) we got runner up Director's Award (in other words, we ranked second place out of 64 teams). ..yeah, I'm very proud of my team. :) [echos Nathan] *sigh* I miss those days.

gonewsboys

15 year(s) ago

[b]serfofChrist92 wrote:[/b] [quote][b]gonewsboys wrote:[/b] [quote][b]serfofChrist92 wrote:[/b] [quote]What type of robots? I was on a lego robotics team for three years, if that's what you're talking about.[/quote] actually i was going for this group where you build a robot and have a competition http://www.usfirst.org/?gclid=CKbU0LeaqZQCFRMYagodGCtZtg[/quote] This is incredibly old, but I never saw your reply. That is what I was talking about. FIRST (For the Inspiration of Science and Technology) lego robotics. Our first year we got 6th overall in the MD state tournament (No-limits theme)...second year we got 2nd place robot design at the Carnegie Mellon tournament in Pittsburgh (Ocean Odyssey), and then our last year (Nanotechnology) we got runner up Director's Award (in other words, we ranked second place out of 64 teams). ..yeah, I'm very proud of my team. :) [echos Nathan] *sigh* I miss those days.[/quote] wow! not bad! my team (not a lego team, just regular robot) finished on the third place team out of 40 and we had very little funding so that was pretty cool too! maybe some day we will make it to nationals..... that would be amazing!

alphajustin

15 year(s) ago

I have a degree in robotics : ) although i have never used stuff like legos or things of that nature. my robots work in factories haha. perhaps we could do a mypraize robot!!

MisterNathan

15 year(s) ago

[b]alphajustin wrote:[/b] [quote]although i have never used stuff like legos or things of that nature. my robots work in factories haha.[/quote] Laaaaame. :P

gonewsboys

15 year(s) ago

[b]alphajustin wrote:[/b] [quote]although i have never used stuff like legos or things of that nature.[/quote] thats the best part! :laugh: ok, the degree is pretty cool! :P

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)