Login

Salt & Due Date Reviews

javie

13 year(s) ago

I just got back from my cousin's birthday party, and just saw two movies. Salt and Due Date. I wanted to see Salt for a long time, but not Due Date, only because I never thought about it. But I will start off with the movie I first saw. [IMG]http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb439/Thomaseez4/salt.jpg[/IMG] I like this movie for what it is. The pacing and storytelling is well written and directed. The choice of using Angelina Jolie as a spy is what I like in most of her movies. This is one of them. I like watching her as an action star, because she can pull off a likable character as this one. The way she fights and takes care of her jobs is great to watch, and her acting isn't as dull. Even though she was in a crappy movie afterwards. "cough" The Tourist. But I would be lying to those who seen this movie if I said that this movie didn't overdid anything. I'm not going to give away anything to those who haven't seen this movie, but I thought the ending was out of over exauguration. I was just questioning, not because it was a plot twist, but out of confusion. But overall, it was a good movie. Not great, but its worth watching for what it is. You won't be disappointed. I know I wasn't. But Due Date, on the other hand... [IMG]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l214/hsxjedi/movies/due_date.jpg[/IMG] Oh man, did I hate this movie. This was just a rip off of Planes, Trains and Automobiles.It wasn't funny, nor was it redeemable in any way. And you know what, everyone else who watched it in the living room of my cousin's house thought it was funny. Why? Do they think this gross out movie that was trying to be a funny comedy was funny? I sure didn't. I was watching this movie, hoping in vain that there was going to be a funny joke. There wasn't. This movie follows every single cliche that has been done to death already. Robert Downey Jr. wasn't funny, and Zach Gaifianakis was just gross and annoying. Those two elements just don't go together as being funny. This movie proves it. When I first saw the trailers for this movie, I thought it was hilarious. As a matter in fact, I was wrong at what I first said earlier. I did want to watch this movie. But now I regret it. I can't believe that there were so many people that like this movie. This movie was just an awful experience as a comedy, and it will never change my mind, even if I wait for 10 years from now to change my mind about it. The scores: Salt - 4/5 Due Date - 1/5

BrotherReed

13 year(s) ago

Eh, you're being way too hard on Due Date. Now... granted, I was disappointed by it. I thought the film was overly mean-spirited and that the trailers gave away almost all of the best gags, leaving little freshness to the first-time viewer. However, to say there wasn't even one funny joke you'd have to be in a really bad mood or have extremely rigid requirements for humor. Heck, in most comedies I hate I can still find a few funny spots. You're right that it veers too much into gross humor, but I felt the performers brought enough to the table for it to be workable if not particularly memorable. Salt, on the other hand, was a completely bland, cookie-cutter espionage/actioner the likes of which we've seen over and over again. Your remarks seem to reflect this but your score is oddly high. 4/5 = 80% or a B, above average. Which is exactly what Salt is not.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)