Login

Sherlock Holmes

javie

14 year(s) ago

When I first saw the banners and posters for this movie, I had some curiosity about it. So I saw the trailers for it, and right there, I wanted to see it. I just saw it today, and I was impress. Its about this Mason cult who is killing a number of people for them to dominate the world by killing these British officials, who also are part of their own cult. The plot doesn't really make too much sense, but it was pretty interesting at the same time. So Sherlock Holmes jumps into the investigation to see who is behind all of these murders. Robert Downey Jr. is just hallarious in this movie as Sherlock Holmes. He's not just a detective, but also, in a way, a scientist. He comes up with ideas to use and experiments on them. His partner Dr. Watson, who is of course, a doctor, a more of a serious type of guy in his role, but yet a great actor. He is a type of a guy who would get restless, but at the same time, he would still help out Sherlock Holmes. The villains in this film are interesting, and their methods on attacking people are clever. But I'm not going to spoil it. The other characters, in the other hand aren't really that interesting. Sherlock's ex-wife is in this movie, but is also a villain too. But she just doesn't really stand out as much for me. There's also Dr. Watson's fiancee, but she's hardly in this film, and whenever she makes a appearance, she could be very forgettable. That, and her role is just bland. But besides all of that, the music is great in this film, and especially how they tried to make London look like back in the 1850's. The buildings, the locations that are still in construction, everything about it. This film was so awesome, that it beat Avatar as to being the #1 movie in box office records just today: http://www.deadline.com/hollywood/first-look-alvin-2-beats-avatar/ Who knew that a movie that was based somewhere around 150 years into the future, would be defeated by a movie that was based around 150 years ago? Now what did I think about Avatar? That's what I've been saving for since yesterday. But anyway, my score for Sherlock Holmes: a perfect 5/5 Next review: Avatar

BrotherReed

14 year(s) ago

Good to see you're keeping this forum alive. Barely. Hoping to see Avatar and Sherlock Holmes soon. I have kind of a backlog.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)