Login

so i finally saw eragon

screams

17 year(s) ago

i saw eragon the other day. i must say, it was very dry. from someone who never read the book, the movie really had nothing to it. it's very apparent that the movie left out much of the elements from the book to keep the time down. it seemed like the movie was rushed, the plot was weak, the characters were generic... actually, i thought the whole movie was generic. so, basically, i didn't think it was very good at all... in fact, i thought it was pretty bad. that being said, i kind of liked it. i like fantasy stuff, and this was pretty cool. even though i thought it sucked i enjoyed it. i kind of want to read the books because i think that they would be more interesting.. and hopefully not so much of an unoriginal feeling. it's obvious, as with every modern fantasy work, that tolkien has already done it, so it's hard to do things original. it is definitely possible to make things more original than others, but most things don't do it. i dunno, i didn't mean to start another "OMG ERAGON WAS AMAZEZING!!!11" thread. i just wanted to give a piece of criticism from someone who doesn't think every movie with a high budget is the greatest.

Jadeykins

17 year(s) ago

I haven't seen the movie but one of my good friends has and he said that it totally sucked.... but he's read the books and loved the books... so you know. But I completely agree with you on how many big budget movies are worthless. Now they are pretty much just making big budget movies for the heck of it, either thinking they can improve on a book or an old movie because we have the "oh-so-wonderful magic" of CGI *barf* (I'm so sick of CGI :sick:) or just to make money. Rarely do they have an original or at least interesting plot anymore. :pinch: Just pull any random story out of your sock, add some big name actors AND YOU'VE GOT YOURSELF A MOVIE! *unimpressed face* I personally think it is an insult to our intelligence Anyway, I agree once again. I love fantasy... and sci-fi. I like it when a movie, book, or TV series can take me to a different world. Yes, I know that was really cheesy.

Staticstellarhawk

17 year(s) ago

I love Fantasy and Scifi too! I also saw Eragon! I for one Really liked the movie! Definitely in my top faves now. I haven't read the books...But Since seeing the movie I really want to! Just haven't had the time to pick them up! :( B)

screams

17 year(s) ago

another thing i disliked was that the dragon had feathers... who thought of that? dragons don't have feathers.

uda1

17 year(s) ago

Your friend is loko in the head ERAGON is awsome.:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

screams

17 year(s) ago

who was that directed to?

stratacastle

17 year(s) ago

The dragon had feathers? Heh, I didn't even notice. I love sci-fi, and it was a nice and diverting piece of fluffier sci-fi. I thoroughly enjoyed it, but I don't know if I'd want to own it. It did seem as though they didn't cover much throughout most of the story and then tried to cover too much in one fell swoop at the end.

Staticstellarhawk

17 year(s) ago

[b]screams wrote:[/b] [quote]another thing i disliked was that the dragon had feathers... who thought of that? dragons don't have feathers.[/quote] the dragon had feathers??what?? I don't remember that...hmm...sheesh.

screams

17 year(s) ago

the dragon had feathers on the wings. [b]stratacastle wrote:[/b] [quote]The dragon had feathers? Heh, I didn't even notice. I love sci-fi, and it was a nice and diverting piece of fluffier sci-fi. I thoroughly enjoyed it, but I don't know if I'd want to own it. It did seem as though they didn't cover much throughout most of the story and then tried to cover too much in one fell swoop at the end.[/quote] let's not confuse fantasy with sci-fi. they are totally different genres.

stratacastle

17 year(s) ago

*bows* Thank you. I do know that. I just typed the wrong one (twice, yeah, yeah). Those are my favorite genres, and I'd been talking about the sci-fi more recently. Slip of the key.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)