Login

Soul v. Spirit?

jbac4jc

17 year(s) ago

Hebrews 4:12-- "For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of [b]soul[/b] and [b]spirit[/b], and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart." This is one of a couple of places in the bible where there is a clear distinction made between the soul and the spirit....Please correct me if i'm wrong (because i haven't done any research at all),but don't most scholars believe that a human consists of only body and soul? What do you guys make of this distinction?

JCsavedME

17 year(s) ago

[b]jbac4jc wrote:[/b] [quote]Hebrews 4:12-- "For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of [b]soul[/b] and [b]spirit[/b], and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart." This is one of a couple of places in the bible where there is a clear distinction made between the soul and the spirit....Please correct me if i'm wrong (because i haven't done any research at all),but don't most scholars believe that a human consists of only body and soul? What do you guys make of this distinction?[/quote] hmmmmm....sumthin to thnk bout when i'm bored on my way to vacay....i'll letcha kno l8tr

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)