Login

Star Wars: The Clone Wars

javie

15 year(s) ago

I know I said that I was going to end the prequels by first reviewing episode 3 then the Clone Wars. But since this movie takes place before episode 3, I have no choice, but to review this one. I have to make a confession. This film is actually my top favorite one in the prequels. I know some people looks at this as one of the worst, but I would like to explain why this movie has its place in the series, not just because it bares the title and the story. And I do know that saying that will have side effects, that might include hatred, assassinated and being murdered. When I first saw the trailers for this movie, I was all like, "are you kidding me?" But When this movie first came out, I was all like "(sigh). I might as well give this one a try." So as an honorary Star Wars fan, I walked in the theater with my Star Wars t-shirt and watched the film. I happened to see that this movie was not half bad. It may not be as great as the original trilogy, but it has some really great action scenes in this one. The choice of the actors in this one were the same people from before. I know how much I didn't care for their acting from the last, and I know that they were actors who were not "bad" actors from the last. I still think that the tables have turned on this one only a little bit for the acting in this one though. I didn't like the young Padawan's acting in this one. At least its better than, well, you know who. If you don't, please take a lucky guess of who I mean. I'm not going to say, because his name should never be mentioned ever again. Anakin's acting improved in this one quite a bit, there were far more action scenes in this one. More than episode 1 and 2. I know there weren't any space battles, as how I always mentioned as a problem to the other films, but I could let that one go only in this one. I really didn't like the story line in this one. I believe that they could use some other story for this one, by not involving Jabba the Hut. The animation in this film was not half bad. I did like how they used the design from the Clone Wars series from what they used right before episode 3 came out. In conclusion, this movie was not as bad as how some look at it. I could understand why some people look at it as a horrible film. Some think that it was more like something that they could watch from Cartoon Network, but that's the beauty to it. It was made for all ages. Including an all time Star Wars fan who grew up watching Star Wars. I felt like a kid again watching that movie in the theaters and even walking out of the theaters, seeing all of those kids walk out with me at the same time. It truly made me feel like I was literally watching a Star Wars movie for the first time as a kid. Like I said, Its not the best Star Wars prequel, but its still way better than episode 1 and 2, and there were some things that I believe that could have been better in this film though. Anyway, the score for this film: 3 1/2 /5 Alright, I am really going to come to my conclusion with the prequels coming up tomorrow.

rami009

15 year(s) ago

:D yea, id say you have some of these ratings mixed up. but thats just me

javie

15 year(s) ago

:blink: what do you mean?

rami009

15 year(s) ago

i thought this was the worst out of the 7. it was only like 1.5 hours, but to me it felt longer than the other 6

javie

15 year(s) ago

Well 1.5 hours is good, as long as it wasn't as long as over 2 hours. Besides, at least this was better than episode 1 and 2. It had no Jar-Jar Binks in it. You should feel bless watching a prequel without him rami.

rami009

15 year(s) ago

hahaha you just keep disagreeing with me!:laugh: i liked jarjar

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)