Login

Stephen King and Ted Dekker connections

Jekkie

15 year(s) ago

So, I was stumbling around Stephen King's official website forums when I came across a thread about Ted Dekker. Interested, I went in and found some interesting connections between the two authors. - In the Circle Trilogy, the main character uses a false name Roland during Red. Roland happens to be the main character of King's The Dark Tower series - another fantasy series. Now, I know this could be coincidental (I mean, it's not like there can't be more than one person with the same name) - but it doesn't stop it from being something noteworthy. - There's a supervirus in The Circle and The Stand. - Both The Circle and The Stand contain the phrases "The Circle Opens" and "The Circle Closes". - House is said to be similar in nature King's Black House. - Both authors have similar writing styles. - In the Circle Trilogy and The Dark Tower, both main characters travel between our world and another world. - In Skin, a character happens to have a red rose tattoo on his arm. In the Dark Tower, the Red Rose is a symbol of the Tower's power in our world. - Dekker mentions one of his favorite authors is Richard Bachman - a pseudonym King used while writing a few books. Although he was found out, King still likes to mess around act like Bachman was a real person who died from "pseudonym cancer". Does Dekker know of this connection? And if he does, is it not possible, with all these connections, that... (UBER STRANGE CONSPIRACY THEORY WARNING) Stephen King IS Ted Dekker? In the past, King liked to cover his tracks by having Bachman list King as one of his influences and King even had a guy going around claiming he was Bachman. [img size=150] http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/ea/RichardBachman.jpg[/img] The reason King was found out was because Richard Bachman never existed. However, suppose King finds and hires a man by the name of Ted Dekker to act as an author of these secret King books? After all, King has admitted in the past that he does consider himself a Christian, although he hates organized religion. Not only that, but it would give King a chance to test his skills as a 'Christian author' and would allow him to collect more revenue from the books. That addtional revenue was what made King create Bachman in the first place since his publishers only wanted him to write a certain number of books a year. {/CRAZY THEORY] Regardless if this theory is right or not, the fact remains that both are good writers.

serfofChrist92

15 year(s) ago

Crazy indeed. I've heard of this before...we were talking about it on some Dekker forums once - not actually considering it, mind you - just laughing about it. ;) But I've met Ted; he really writes the books he publishes. He's not a showman for King. Sorry. :P

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)