Login

Stuck in a Predicament

Pr3dictable

13 year(s) ago

So I am best friends with this girl at my school, and we have been for a lil while, anyway, she dated this guy for about a month or so and now she royally hates him. Now thats no the problem, the problem is that this guy and I became friends when they were dating and now we talk all the time. This causes issues because she wants me to chose and I did but he kept on calling and I felt bad whenever I ignored his calls. So a few weeks ago we started talking again and we have alot in common and seem to get along really well, and he is really nice and says that he wants to fix things with my friend. Not like getting back together or anything, he would just like for her to not hate him any longer and they could become on better terms. Anyway, I brought this up to her and told her that I have been talking to him and she seemed mad at me, atleast for a little while, but then she became more upset with the fact that he is still trying to talk with me. See she believes that he is trying to split us up, and in some ways I do agree with her because when we talk he will say things like "We seem to have more in common than you and your best friend," and things like that. But I would really like it if they fixed things because we are in the same grade and are more than likely to have the same classes so they might as well fix things, Right? But that is not even the worst part, I have started to like him as more than a friend and he has hinted that he may like me back as well, but my friend has this rule that her best friend cant date her exes. And each time i talk to him I start to like him more, so I want to fix the whole situation. He even gave me a way out of it yuesterday by asking me if I wanted to stop talking with him, but he is really easy to talk to and doesnt make friends really with many people and I dont want to cause him to lose any friendships since he doesnt really have many to fall back on. But each time I talk to him I feel bad about it because I feel like I am stabbing my best friend in the back. So I am sorry this is a long message, but could anyone please help me?? Any advice would be helpful.

NinjaUnicorn

13 year(s) ago

You say the girl is your best friend. I don't know about you guys, but I wouldn't ditch my best friend for anything. And there's your answer.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)