Login

The Day The Earth Stood Still is Evil!

javie

15 year(s) ago

I have never seen the original before in my life, but what I heard was that it was far different from this one. The remake was more about making humans look bad. When I say humans, I mean our government, Christians, etc. The only ones that they did not have the guts to offend were the liberals. Why because the plot was more like something that Al Gore would enjoy. When I say that, I mean it was more like it was about Global Warming, and how humans should die for the earth to live. That's what Keuna Reeves meant what he said in the trailors of the movie when he said, "If I die, the planet dies. But if you die, the planet survives." I was trying to figure out what he meant by that, until my parents told me all about it. Yes, I didn't see it. My dad told me enough for me enough about it. I didn't want to doubt him, because I heard of how much he was outraged by watching it. He said he should of walked out of the movie theater when that movie was still rolling. But did anyone else seen that movie? I need some of your opinions.

BrotherReed

15 year(s) ago

I'd say it's less evil and more misguided. On the one hand, we should watch out for the environment as God has made us stewards. On the other hand, the earth is not surviving in spite of us - it was made for us. If you remove humanity you destroy the primary purpose of earth. Either way, though, there was no subtlety to the movie and it wasn't very interesting or moving.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)