Login

The New Doctor Who

KattyKit

14 year(s) ago

OMGOSH!!!! I was terrified that I wouldn't like him, but wow! He's totally amazing! "New mouth, new rules." XD

KattyKit

14 year(s) ago

Seriously? Am I the only one who watches Doctor Who? Maybe I should change the title so folks would realize I'm talking about that.

MisterNathan

14 year(s) ago

Hmm...I haven't watched it yet but I'm sadly suspicious that I really will dislike him.

MisterNathan

14 year(s) ago

After watching the season premier...first impressions: he's decent, but he's no David Tennant. I suspect his current costar will be making up for his shortcomings in episodes to come, though. I also strongly dislike any hint of a direction towards a more mature audience (not in general, but specifically for the Doctor Who TV show), but I guess it makes sense since (if I recall correctly) the writer for Torchwood is now authoring Doctor Who. Could be wrong, but I think I remember reading that somewhere.

KattyKit

14 year(s) ago

Mature audiences?

MisterNathan

14 year(s) ago

While I'm well aware that it's far from raunchy, the occasional sexual comment/action (however mild or vague) doesn't sit well in regards to this show. Maybe I'm just being overly sensitive, but to me it's a classic kids/young adult show that should always remain just that.

KattyKit

14 year(s) ago

Hmmm... I didn't catch anything on that line, but then if it's subtle enough I won't.

MisterNathan

14 year(s) ago

Well, in the season finale, you had an old lady grabbing the Doctor's butt, and in the season pilot, she refuses to look away from him as he's naked. While I chuckled at the comedic value of both, I really would rather see something like that in a different show. Like I said, far from raunchy and I'm probably being overly sensitive, but I just don't like it in Doctor Who. :(

KattyKit

14 year(s) ago

Ah. That. I didn't see anything sexual about it. Just typical for British TV.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)