Login

The Oh Zone

gospeljohn

16 year(s) ago

[u]Read Ephesians 4:17-32[/u] Our youth group recently embarked on a journey to Lake Winnie, a smaller amusement park in Chattanooga, TN. Our mission: to have a great time, and we did!! The newest attraction was a ride that even I hesitated to ride at first, called the Oh Zone. The ride took all who dared to a breathtaking 14 stories, and then when the riders reached the top, down went the riders at a speed of 90 mph. When I rode it, I came up out of the seat about six inches -- it was as if I was free-falling. What a rush!! That was the whole point of the ride-- to give riders a rush of excitement. Well, in our Christian lives, we often slip into our own Oh Zone. We free-fall through our Christian lives, living like we want and falling into sin. We don't live a Christ-pleasing life like we should while in the Oh Zone, but rather a crowd-pleasing. We often find that this is full of fun and amusement--or so we think. When we live a life of sin, we are placing punishment on ourselves from God. When we slip into the Oh Zone, we are known as carnal(worldly) Christians. We fit with the world and become like them. We asct like, talk like, watch like, listen like, dress like, and laugh like them. We often don't realize that when we fit in with the world, we don't fit in with God. God is holy and command us to be holy too; in other words, we need to be seperate from the world, not like the world. We also don't realize that other people who aren't Christians see how we act, and if we act like them, they ask "Why should I become a Christian if I can still live the same lifestyle?" Be careful how you act --someone is ALWAYS watching you! When we find ourselves free-falling through our Christian lives, we need to ask for forgiveness and do a 180 (go the opposite direction: go from fitting in with the world to fitting in with God). After that, there is a really simple remedy to stay in the "In Zone" (the place where God is and is seperated from the world): Exercise daily by walking with God. Are you in the Oh Zone or the "In Zone"?

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)