Login

The Room Review

javie

13 year(s) ago

OOOhhhh boy. You have no idea just how hard my job as a critic can be on this site. Granted, I love doing this kind of thing. I love expressing the games and movies that I watch. It can be fun, but most of the time, it can be hard. The last thing I reviewed was the spectacular tragedy of The Last Airbender, and how did I end the reivew? By saying that I would avoid reviewing The Room. What did [Adult Swim] had to offer this year for April Fool's Day? The Room Marathon. As an idiot who first admitted that I would avoid watching it, I watched it. http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_A-vEhdbqGcc/TGsj0MwVnVI/AAAAAAAAALc/fIhZUhtoic8/s1600/the-room.jpg No, I decided not to post the poster on this site, only because I'm afraid that I might get into trouble if I do so. And I am not going to go through the whole movie, only because I believe that most of us already know or seen bits and pieces of The Room. Tommy Wiseau, to me, is how The Nostalgia Critic once described him to be like. He's like if Christopher Walkin sucked up all of his likability. He just looks like this weird alien who came to planet earth out of sheer stupidity, thinking he can blend in with an accent that will never be defined. I loved making fun of him so much that I dressed up as him for Halloween just last year. I had the tie, the hair, and even the football. I have heard from Wikipedia that this movie has now been ranked to be the Citizen Kane of bad movies. So that makes Tommy Wiseau to be far worse than Ed Wood. In other words, Ed Wood would be rolling in his grave right now. Now, for the movie. Where do I begin? For starters, Tommy Wiseau's character is just undefined. What I mean by that is that there is hardly any detail about this character. Yeah, you do get to know that he is engaged to Lisa, but that is about it. You don't get to hear what he does for a living that didn't give him his promotion, nor his background or origins. Most of the time, he feels less of a main character as to how he should be. The interesting thing about Tommy's character, or everyone else's character, is that they don't have last names. Not even the ending credits tell you what they are. It's just their first names, and that's it. The other characters, such as Mark, Lisa, Danny, and all of the other characters are all either stupid or just thrown in there for no reason. Lisa is dull, Mark is an idiot, Danny is just creepy at times, but Lisa finds it charming for some reason, and never feels disgusted for hearing him say that. The Lisa's mom has got to be the second to the worst character in this dumb movie. She neglects helping Lisa help when she needs it, and always talks about the same conversation every time she comes over. Is she crazy, or just playing stupid? The other characters, on the other hand, serve no purpose of being in this film. This movie is about 2 hours long, and one of the reasons for why is do to all of these unnecessary characters, that do not support the movie for one single second. The other reason for why this movie is so long is that they keep on repeating the same thing over and over again. The same dialog, the same action, the same cinematography, etc. I guess Tommy Wiseau wanted to somehow make this movie into a running time of 2 hours, but he just ran out of bright ideas and recycled some of the scenes that he wrote down. The other reason for why this movie felt so long, and this is a really bad one by the way, is that this movie just has too much nudity in it. I could of ended up watching the scenes, if it weren't for my DirecTV DVR. With that, I could just fast forward just about anything. Just as much amusement that I got out of the horrendous writing and acting in this movie, I do not recommend anyone watching this movie. I felt embarrassed watching this film, and I am glad that I deleted from my receiver. As much as I laughed at this movie and the Nostalgia Critic's review, I do not, and never will encourage anyone to watch this movie. This has got to be the worst movie that I have ever seen in my entire life! 1/5 You might be wondering how I can say that, even how much I have said about that movie. You might be wondering if this should be getting a lower score than the Last Airbender. The Room is bad, that it is funny. But the Last Airbender, on the other hand, is just so bad, that I just hate it that much.

BrotherReed

13 year(s) ago

I have got to see this movie. Watched a lot of the famous parts so maybe that's all the funny I need out of it, but...

javie

13 year(s) ago

NO!!! NO!!! DO NOT SEE THE ROOM!!! I just made a strict warning to you to avoid it! I even gave you a reason for why!

BrotherReed

13 year(s) ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b64ZK7KDfTQ That is one of the most bewildering scenes ever put in a movie. It's absolutely hilarious, there's so much wrong with it you can't even keep up. I know for a fact the movie has multiple gems like that. I DID NOT HIT HER! I DID NHAAAAHHT. OH HAI MARK. EDIT: Too late. I.. uh... "acquired" The Room last night. It's only a matter of time now.

BrotherReed

13 year(s) ago

Watching it now ha "Do you want me to order a pizza?" "Whatever, I don't care." "I already ordered a pizza." "You think about everything." Hahahahahaha.... it's like a train wreck. I'm so embarrassed for everyone who had anything to do with this movie.

javie

13 year(s) ago

Do you want to know the interesting part of Tommy Wiseau? According to Wikipedia, he said that he wants to make more movies on vampires. If he does this, he will make the Twilight saga look like an opera.

BrotherReed

13 year(s) ago

Okay so it took me this long to finish it, and I have to agree - it's really not worth it. The parts that aren't hilarious are boring and terrible. You'll be shaking your head, shouting at the screen, and probably fast-forwarding.

AlexHunter

13 year(s) ago

I want to be Tommy Wiseau

javie

13 year(s) ago

If you do, then you would become the laughing stock of your town.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)