Login

The Voyage of the Dawn Treader Review

javie

13 year(s) ago

[IMG]http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m628/reghina_maria/movie%20cover/TheChroniclesofNarnia-TheVoyageoftheDawnTreader.jpg[/IMG] I tried to put in the full title, but it couldn't fit. This film really surprised me a lot. The first one I thought was okay, as to so many people felt about it. The second one was a little bit better, and entertaining. This one was way better. This movie has more action, more surprises, and even more interesting things to watch. C.S. Lewis is one of my all time favorite authors, and this movie shows why. Lucy and Edmund are now living England with their cousin's home, while Susan and Peter are now living in America. Their cousin, who is Eustics, forgive me for not spelling his name right, is like that fat mother from It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World. You can hate him so much that you just want to beat him up so much. They look into a painting to see that its literally coming into life, and as usual, it brings them into Narnia. So we then start off in the sea of Narnia, with Prince Caspian on a ship, and bring both Lucy, Edmund, and since I can't spell his name right, his cousin on board. There hasn't been any wars going on for 3 years, and Narnia has been in peace since. So why they were called back into Narnia is because they are put to the test on finding 7 swords that were used by the seven kings long ago within several islands at sea. There's also another plot going on at the same time, where there's a green mist that sucks people in and then make them vanish. Actually, at first, I thought that this plot was separate at first, but then I later on realized that both the seven swords and the green mist was actually one whole plot. I know I didn't read the book (not yet, actually), but at the same time I keep on forgetting that both are one whole plot. That, and I keep on tetter-tottering by forgetting that each one of them is even part of the plot. I get into the green mist, but I keep on forgetting about the swords. I get into the swords, but then I keep on forgetting about the green mist. I hope you understand what I mean. The action scenes in this one was really worth the money I spent on watching this film. There's far more to look for in this one, and will keep you watching every one of them. It finally delivers something that we all wanted to begin with. It starts off with an action scene, and it ends with a really epic fighting scene too. This one to me is the best Narnia movie I have so far seen. I'm really looking forward to the last two movies. The only problems though is that the plot will make your head spin, and the acting on the young cousin is very annoying. Everything else is watchable, and I think I would add this one to my DVD collection once it comes out on Blu-Ray. 4/5. I know that I said that I will review Back to the Future part II, and I will. But before that, I'm going to review Tron first, just for Tron Legacy's sake.

BrotherReed

13 year(s) ago

I will not forgive you for spelling his name wrong. In the time it took you to type that apology, you could have IMDB'd it and gotten it right. If you want people to take the time to read your reviews, take the time to make them worth reading. Tough love, buddy. This is coming from a fellow reviewer whose work no one reads <_< On the other note, I felt Prince Caspian was a significant step down from The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, whereas you preferred the second movie. If that is the case and you say this one is the best of the three, does the mean I will think it is the worst? Questions to ponder. For what it's worth (which is very little), my parents went to see this and really liked it. But then my mom likes stale romantic crap and Dad's TV diet consists mostly of westerns and the occasional Star Trek rerun.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)