Login

Three Cheers for Books!

MisterNathan

17 year(s) ago

Yeah, so...um...three cheers for books! It seems like nobody reads anymore *sigh*... I love books.

screams

17 year(s) ago

i like reading. my favorite authors are: jrr tolkien cs lewis ra salvatore kevin j anderson

MisterNathan

17 year(s) ago

JRR Tolkein and C. S. Lewis are pretty sweet authors. Some more modern Christian authors, in my opinion, the best are Ted Dekker, Frank Peretti, Bill Myers, and Sigmund Brouwer.

screams

17 year(s) ago

i've met frank peretti, he's a nice guy. i've very little of his stuff, and none of the other authors you listed. i've heard that ted dekker has some cool stuff, but i've never gotten in to him. i'm always in to something else. i really want to start reading the dark tower series by stephen king.

rami009

17 year(s) ago

my favorites are the inheritance trilogy (Eragon, eldest, and Empire (i think thats what its called, its still not out yet)) by christopher paolini, harry potter by jk rowling, and deltora series by emily rodda

skilletlovr

17 year(s) ago

Okay, so I LOVE to read. Here's the best books ever: * The Book Thief by Markus Zusak (best book I ever read) * The Historian by Elizabeth Kostokova (or something like that) * Dracula - Bram Stoker * The Lord of the Rings - JRR Tolkien * Harry Potter series - JK Rowling (and I agree, I always get bashed for liking them) * The Da Vinci Code - Dan Brown * Angels and Demons - Dan Brown * Deception Point - Dan Brown * Narnia series - CS Lewis * Dragons in Out Midst series - Bryan Davis * Lord of the Flies - William Golding * The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams * Dune - Frank Herbert * The Picture of Dorian Grey - Oscar Wilde * The Fall of the House of Usher - Edgar Allan Poe (it's not a book, but it's a pretty long short story) * Anything else by Edgar Allan Poe

horsechic1990

17 year(s) ago

Ok, please don't kill me for saying this, but I love the Harry Potter series and J.K. Rowling is definately one of my favorite authors. I also like Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins (they wrote the Left Behind series, which is my favorite book series EVER!). Lillian Jackson Braun (she writes murder mysteries), Ted Dekker, John Steinbeck, and Upton Sinclair are really good authors as well. Frank Peretti is good too, and I love his Hangmans Curse movie (it was based on one of his books)!

JCsavedME

17 year(s) ago

my fav books are Little Women, Jo's Boys, Little Men (first three are trilogy), the Fobidden Doors series, Ella Enchanted, The Wish, The Two Princesses of Bimarre, some of the Nancy Drew books are purty good...and I plan to read Captivated, and Wild at Heart (i kno, directed towards guys, but in the EC magazine it had a list of fun things to do this summer and one of those was to read a book directed towards guys so yea...)

JCsavedME

17 year(s) ago

O! and I kno this isn't a lot to work with but, there's this book I was REALLY wanting to read but I can't remember the title or author!!!! it was about a real event and some wuote something like this "'(name)...are you there?' she whispered in the silence." If this rings a bell, PLEASE let me know! thanks, guys!

lax10

17 year(s) ago

i hate reading for school, they make you do it!!!:angry:

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)