Login

Transformers: Reveng of the Fallen

javie

15 year(s) ago

Alright, I have to say I was waiting to see this movie for a long time. I saw it, and I couldn't believe that this movie was no where close to being as good as the last. This was more of a disappointment than Resident Evil 5 for me. I was blown away of the sex scenes in this movie. I just thought that they were unnecessary, and served no purpose to the story line whatsoever. And what was up with sound Wave? They just threw him in and made him do absolutely nothing. He was just a satelite in space. What happen to him becoming into a casset player? Well, I know that is now old fashion and no one uses them anymore, but couldn't they at least turn him into something else, like a mp3, CD player, or an iPod? That would have made him a whole lot better. But nope, he was pretty lame.:( I also didn't like the use of Devastator at all. He was just a tank. Devastator was someone who all destructive-cons transforms into all at the same time, not a tank! Not just that, but in his robotic form, he looks like someone who was made from a Hobo. He was just nothing but a pile of garbage. The use of the CGI in this film was just too much for the transformers. They were not believable to me in any way. It just look like a cut scene ripped off from a video game. Kind of like the same big flaw that George Lucas made in the Star Wars Prequels. And also all the transformers looked the same to me. It was sometimes hard for me to tell apart from the Auto-bots and the Deceptive-cons. Now the story line, however, I thought it was just all over the place. Well, maybe it wasn't, but let me care to explain. Throughout the first half of the movie, and maybe you've already notice this, but all they were talking about and worrying about was the cube. Then the next half, they dumped that whole cube thing and started to talk about the SUN!!!!!! Throughout that whole entire time, I was all like, "Okay, now what about the cube?" 5 minutes later: "Uh, the cube?" 10 minutes later "Hello, whatever happen to the cube?" The Credits: "What in the world happened to the cube?!" The jokes on the first movie was pretty funny. The part where the Auto-bots walked into the backyard was pretty funny. And the part where Bumblebee was peeing on the Sector 7 guy was my favorite joke. I know that may be pretty disgusting to some of you guys, but it's my favorite. The jokes on this one just didn't do it for me. I thought they tried too hard to be as funny as the last one, and make it as child-friendly as the last. It wasn't. They were just stupid, and the one that I hated was that general guy who was in that fighter jet, who was trapped and tried to get out. It was just random and unnecessary. I thought these jokes were trying to follow along with the same humor as to what the Superman movies had. It worked for those movies only because Superman was bright, good, always keeping himself as a stupid bumbling reporter to hide his identity. That's why it worked for those movies, and that's why it was necessary to use that kind of humor to the Superman movies. But for Transformers in the other hand, it was an Epic Fail. Not just that, but what is with the use of using Linkin Park music in both part 1 and 2? In the first one, when it ended, I was trying my hardest to get out of the theater right when it ended. I was thinking that maybe the producers looked at that as a mistake and try not to do it ever again. I think this would have fit the ending better with: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pybSRca-cA Or: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhCM88LhoW0 Or if you still wanted this movie to still be old school, the way how we still remember it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLS2N9mHWaw But nope, they still used Linkin Park. I don't get it, what is with people using today's popular music artist? Don't these people already know that today's music just sucks?I know that there are some people that do like Linkin Park, but come on. You are also targeting those who grew up watching Transformers when it first came out. Its not like a 38 year-old (like my dad for example) would watch this movie and would enjoy listening to Linkin Park! Anyway, I said too much, and I need to come to my conclusion. The first one, I was amazed, blown away, and I really couldn't wait to get it on HD DVD when it first came out. And I did. And I would rather watch that on my huge HDTV in my living room, better than two. I'm just glad that I didn't waste my money on watching this movie when my parents took me, my brother (who to this day hates it more than ever), and my sister (who is still in denial thinking that this movie is good). Now they are still thinking about making part three. I just hope that they don't follow along with the same mistake that they followed with this one (with people still thinking that this one is amazing. Including the people who made it). My reason for why is because if they do so, then I don't think that part four, as to what they already planned on doing, will ever be made. That, or make another Transformers series that is at least good as the original series that could at least target and be acceptable to all viewers. Because the new ones that are now on T.V., including the series in the mid-90's that I tried to watch, are very lame. The score: 1/5. Oh no, this isn't the worst I have ever seen. Because soon, very soon, or one of these days, there will be more that I will watch that will be very horrible, filled with rubbish. And I am also about to review older movies, along with games that I have played in the past.

rami009

15 year(s) ago

im not reading all of that. i think youre crazy if you think someones gonna read it all. i read the first paragraph and think youre crazy again for thinking #1 was better

javie

15 year(s) ago

What, it was. It was mainly made only for adults and teenagers. I mean they tried to target children (since there are still Transformers made for kids) and it wasn't appropriate for the younger viewers. And don't make me type all of my hatred upon this movie again. And yes, that was my whole entire opinion. So don't think I'm crazy. I dare you to watch it again, and see what I mean.

Anko

15 year(s) ago

I'm not reading all of that right now. I read some, but not all. Maybe some other time I will. However I pretty much disagree. I really liked this movie. Thought it might have even been better than the 1st (which I also really liked)...maybe because I've seen the 1st so many times already. I don't really think they tried to target children. If they did that they would have made both the movies at least PG. I did see young kids at the theater, though. Yeah they could have done without all the sexual references and stuff...I didn't think the cussing and whatnot was as bad as some people made it out to be, though. Hey it's all personal opinion though. :)

javie

15 year(s) ago

You're right Anko. And now I'm trying to think of what movie I should review next. I have the Star Wars Prequels next on my list though. But that's about it so far.

BrotherReed

15 year(s) ago

The most amazing thing is that you liked the first movie. After seeing that, I had no hope that a sequel would be good. I thought the jokes in the first movie were really stupid and out of place, so I can hardly imagine what RotF must be like if it's that much worse.

rami009

15 year(s) ago

the jokes in #2 were funnier than #1. they were better too

rami009

15 year(s) ago

[b]javie wrote:[/b] [quote]I dare you to watch it again, and see what I mean.[/quote] i am going to see it again. this time i wont be smiling like i felt myself doing the whole time on sunday (<--exaggeration (sp?))

javie

15 year(s) ago

[b]rami009 wrote:[/b] [quote][b]javie wrote:[/b] [quote]I dare you to watch it again, and see what I mean.[/quote] i am going to see it again. this time i wont be smiling like i felt myself doing the whole time on sunday (<--exaggeration (sp?))[/quote]I don't get it.

rami009

15 year(s) ago

nevermind. i was just really into it

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)